A Conversation for Thee Incredible Weirdness of Being

I gotta say something here

Post 1

Scandrea

Hussassan, you're a nice guy, and you're my friend, but I have something to say, and I hope you'll remember my personality and not take it the wrong way.

Please don't presume to make decisions about my life and my health without walking a mile in my shoes. If I were to be the victim of a sexual assault resulting in a pregnancy, where would I go? I have no money to take care of a child, I can barely take care of myself. What would I do?

What if a man left his pregnant wife, already with two kids? He's a deadbeat dad- doesn't pay the child support he owes already, and she's got two kids to feed and take care of. What would she do?

What if a baby was to be born malformed, with some terrible disorder that would end its life after only a few pain filled months? If you were his father (God forbid), what would you do?

What if your wife is pregnant, and her fetus has turned into a malignant cancer? It happens- it's called choriocarcinoma. The placenta agressively invades the mother's body, and death comes before the baby is even carried to term. What would you do?

In a moral world, things like this wouldn't happen, and neither would abortion. But this isn't a moral world. I don't condone abortion, but I'm not about to make a choice for people when I haven't walked a mile in their shoes.

Thank you for listening.


Key: Complain about this post

I gotta say something here

More Conversations for Thee Incredible Weirdness of Being

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more