A Conversation for Obituary - Peter Jones

beautiful

Post 1

What the Book did for me (add your story)

It's strange to read this now that Douglas himself has passed away. This is such a beautiful passage, and really gives an insight into our favourite author. He obviously had a keen eye for spotting the special qualities in people.


Community

Post 2

Captain_clerk_birralee

Yes, lovely. I think Mr Adams's work encouraged us to communicate. It is deeply disturbing to find that his voice, such as I knew it, has passed from this sphere...but each time I go to say that, something about the idea doesn't ring true. What is this grief?


beautiful

Post 3

eepy

Like you, I have come to this obituary in the aftermath of the sad news of Douglas' own death.

Whenever I heard Peter Jones' voice I always thought of "the book". It's wonderful to hear stories of how that portrayal came about. That Douglas wrote this despite the fact he "didn't know him well" speaks volumes about both of them.

They will both be missed...


beautiful

Post 4

Seven of Nine [(1x52)-2-8]x1=42!

They live on in our memories.
smiley - cuddle


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more