A Conversation for Talking Point: Your Success Stories

Daughter's birth

Post 1

clzoomer- a bit woobly

I was so proud of my (now 26 year old) daughter's birth that I invented a drink which I named after her (one of her names, anyway).

The Tequila Soleil

(Yes, that's right I named my daughter Tequila! smiley - tongueout)

A can of mandarin oranges, a can of tequila, and two cans of ice in a blender. smiley - smiley

I'm not sure what mandarin oranges are called in the UK, they're the small sweet oranges that are easily sectioned and have soft skins from China or Japan. We usually get them fresh for Christmas but we can also get the canned variety. (Obviously!)

Anyway, she is now a succesful jewelry designer in......Asia! And I'm even more proud if that's possible.


Daughter's birth

Post 2

NiFtY FiFtY-Not NaUgHtY FoUrTy

I know how proud & pleased you must have felt.
My own daughter was born 26yrs ago as well & the feelings I felt at that moment were just incredible.
Now my daughter is due to give birth any day to my second grandchild & the feeling of love & being so proud of her are still as strong as the day she was born.
I have a second daughter who im also proud of she has made a success of her life she is on the way to becomming a lawyer.
So both my daughters have made me so proud of them both in their own ways & I wouldnt change that for the world.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more