A Conversation for Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Errata etc.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Errata:
* You mis-spelled "television" in paragraph one.
* You say "from the TV series" in para. one, when you mean "from the film".
* You say Buffy was the Slayer since age 16 - when explaining it to "the Initiative" she says age 14.
* As far as we know, Drusilla was never "dusted" - according to Spike she ran off with a slime demon and left him, after he "did a runner" when Buffy confronted Angel, rather than helping with Drusilla's plans to bring the world to an end....

Additional info:
* Spike's real name is "William the Bloody" - he got the nickname "Spike" through a series of nasty killings he perpetrated in his pre-vampire days, using railway spikes to skewer women in the South of England.


Errata etc.

Post 2

FairlyStrange

EErrrmmm...uuuhhh....I think you'll find that the film pre-dates 1992.

It is a "Turkey" classic in the US...on line with "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" and "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"!

I must say, the TV series is much better than the movie......smiley - smiley

And you guys are a bit behind, aren't you!smiley - winkeye

NM


Errata etc.

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Nope - it's definitely 1992 - I was taping it off TV when I was composing the last posting smiley - smiley

And I KNOW it's a turkey! I like the "Killer Tomatoes" series too, though I've yet to see "Killer Tomatoes go to Paris"...


Errata etc.

Post 4

FairlyStrange

HHmmm....That's odd! Monsy and I married in '92, and one of our early conversations involved wheather I had ever seen "BuffY"! At that time, I had never heard of it...I just assumed it was at least a few years old at the time!

Oh well.....I know all too well what the acronymn "ASSUME" stands for!smiley - winkeye

NM


Errata etc.

Post 5

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Alright alright calm down! I did my best! Mike A's the editor and so hopefully he'll spot these mistakes. Don't tell me we don't know if Dru was dusted because Fairly Strange told me and he's way ahead of us!

I forgot Spike's real name and I know it's a nickname, alright? I'm a huge Buffy fan so I appreciate any info and know quite a lot thankyou very much!

What? Is Monsy from h2g2 your wife?


Errata etc.

Post 6

FairlyStrange

As a matter of fact, Monsy is my "better half"!smiley - smiley

Makes "log-ons" interesting on occasion......part of the reason for the "NM" tag!smiley - winkeye

NM


Errata etc.

Post 7

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

btw, I just aquired the iron-on for my Willow "That's right, big boy - come and get it!" Tee-shirt smiley - smiley


Errata etc.

Post 8

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Oh, you mean when Buffy had run away? That was so funny! That's one of the sayings Natalie repeats every so often!

Peet, did you see the Buffy movie on Channel 5 last Sunday? I went round to Natalie's cos my reception of channel 5 is rock bottom. smiley - sadface


Errata etc.

Post 9

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Yup - I'd forgotten just how bad it was smiley - smiley

Compellingly dreadful! The first time I saw it I was mentally taking bets over whether Donald Sutherland or Rutger Hauer would crack first and fall over laughing... It was a close-run thing smiley - winkeye


Errata etc.

Post 10

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Maybe they should have a video of the rehearsals! That would be funny! I'd love to be in a movie, or on telly, an episode of Buffy will do me nicely! I could play Buffy's sidekick.

Must go, I have a feeling I'm about to be chucked of the internet for now, I was right....See ya on Sunday everyone......


Errata etc.

Post 11

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Maybe they should have a video of the rehearsals! That would be funny! I'd love to be in a movie, or on telly, an episode of Buffy will do me nicely! I could play Buffy's sidekick.

Must go, I have a feeling I'm about to be chucked of the internet for now, I was right....See ya on Sunday everyone......


Errata etc.

Post 12

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

btw, a better link for the "Willow" character might be http://www.teenage-wasteland.com/willowsmiley - bigeyes


Errata etc.

Post 13

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Friggin' hell, is that Alyson Hannigan's page she wrote herself or authorised or just some mad fan? I mean, it seems a little O.T.T.!


Errata etc.

Post 14

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Mad fan, I suspect - but if, like me, you're "into" Willow, it's the best page I've found yet! smiley - bigeyes


Errata etc.

Post 15

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Ah, I see, as in I'm supposed to be into David Boreanaz. It's funny as I never get these crushes on famous people as I tend to think "I'll never meet them so what's the point?" Thing is recently I've been really into Skandal lately, and not for their music, and they live in the same town as me as well smiley - winkeye


Errata etc.

Post 16

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

I mean, not JUST their music, their music is very good too.....


Errata etc.

Post 17

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

smiley - bigeyes


Errata etc.

Post 18

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Skandal's website is http://www.skandal.net


Errata etc.

Post 19

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Update - this page might not be "better", but it's far more OTT...

http://www.hannigan.com/main.htm


Errata etc.

Post 20

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

right, do I really have to visit that cheese again?


Key: Complain about this post

Errata etc.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more