A Conversation for Australian TV Shows

The Sullivans

Post 1

Demon Drawer

Set in War Time Melbourne I used ot catch up on the goings on of this war time family as their suns went off to fight in Europe and Asia. it also gave a cetain K Minogue ehr first big break as a war time refugee. She should be so lucky to end up in such a nice neighbourhood of Melbourne.


The Sullivans

Post 2

Mina

I used to watch this when I was at school, at my granmothers when I went home to her house for lunch. Every Tuesday and Thursday I was late for registration in the afternoon, as it didn't finish until 1, and school started at ten past. I was really upset when I changed school, and couldn't see it anymore.

It would have named my child if he'd been a girl - I really liked 'Kitty', and planned to name 'her' something that could be shortened to that while she was little. Shame I had this boy-thing. smiley - laugh


The Sullivans

Post 3

Demon Drawer

Celtic warpaint and all. smiley - winkeye


The Sullivans

Post 4

Paully

Like Mina, I lost touch with the final few years of The Sullivans after I moved schools. I was gutted to discover the final heart-wrenching twist in the tale though...

Apparently, in the final few episodes, Kitty Sullivan marries a war photographer. It's just after VJ day and the destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Kitty and her husband travel to Japan to make a photographic record of what happened there. She's so shocked and traumatised by the loss of life and devastation wrecked on innocent people by the 'good guys' that she commits suicide, no longer able to cope with life.

Following on from Mum (Grace?) Sullivan having been killed during a blitz raid in London, the poor family had a pretty rough time of it...

Great, GREAT series though.

Paully


The Sullivans

Post 5

Demon Drawer

I remember the Blitz killing Grace Sullivan! That was quite traumatic.


The Sullivans

Post 6

Paully

And I had to go straight back to Double Chemistry in school! I don't know how I coped...!

smiley - wahsmiley - biggrin

Paully


The Sullivans

Post 7

Mina

You'd think people would warn about spoilers. smiley - winkeye That must have been upsetting. Double chemistry. smiley - hug


The Sullivans

Post 8

Demon Drawer

Yeah after all the sunshine of Melbourne to be chucked into the rigours of Double Chemistry. All the stench of the lab, the chemicals conjealing etc.

And to think I was once a Chemistry Lab Tech. smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more