A Conversation for The Les Paul

Writing Workshop: A2786655 - The Les Paul

Post 1

mealy_puddin

Entry: The Les Paul - A2786655
Author: Sheena_PunkRocker - U758958

Ask any teenage guitarist what his ultimate guitar would be, and most would tell you that a "Gibson Les Paul" is what they desire. This guitar, born from jazz roots, has been iconified by its association with rock greats such as Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin), Joe Perry (Aerosmith), Gary Moore, Slash (Guns 'n' Roses) and Pete Townshend (The Who) to name but a few.

The Gibson Les Paul guitar was born from a desire to create a guitar with increased sustain. Paul discovered that if a guitar was built from a single piece of wood, sustain was dramatically increased compared to guitars with bolted on necks (such as the Fender models of the time). With his discovery, Paul and Gibson created the "Gibson Les Paul".


A2786655 - The Les Paul

Post 2

Danny B

Hello...

The Writing Workshop is for Entries intended to go in the Edited Guide (see Writing-Guidelines for details. If you'd like to write an Entry on the Les Paul (and I agree, the Guide should have one smiley - ok), then perhaps you could have a look through the guidelines, and maybe read some of these other Entries about muscial instruments before you start:

The Fender Telecaster: Plank That Made Good (A2939466)
Classical Guitars (A208793)
Mandolins (A516737)

You might also be interested in this:

Guitar Heroes (A3641799)

In the meantime, can you please remove this Entry from the Writing Workshop - go to the Writing-Workshop page, find your Entry and click the 'x' or 'remove' link next to it.

smiley - cheers


A2786655 - The Les Paul

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

You could start by copying the two paragraphs from your 1st posting here into the entry. That would be the start of an entry on the Les Paul.

But the best way to write an entry is to plan it out: what do you want to say?

An intro
A bit about what was there at the time Les Paul invented his guitar
A description of the new guitar
How well it has done since
The competition
Who plays it
The Les Paul Today

You can make these into headings, then start writing each setion. You'll end up with a good entry.

smiley - smiley


A2786655 - The Les Paul

Post 4

mealy_puddin

Man, I just registered and was disappointed to see a lack of info on Gibson Les Paul guitars. Hope someone can incorporate some of my original comments into a "proper" entry.


A2786655 - The Les Paul

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

So why don't you write an entry?

smiley - smiley


A2786655 - The Les Paul

Post 6

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Crud.
I guess I'm going to have to break down and write on the Gibson company.

Sheesh, the stuff I have to around here...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more