A Conversation for Running With Scissors

great job.......

Post 1

several, a/k/a random

....in capturing the texture of ronnie ray-gun's presidency and the effect musical giant ray charles had on the world.
smiley - musicalnotesmiley - vampire


great job.......

Post 2

quizzical

Thank you! smiley - blush All the commentaries on TV almost made the '80s sound like a golden age, although my dad insists it wasn't. All the same, I think I'd rather worry about inflation than terrorism. (Lucky us - if you believe some economists, we'll get to worry about both pretty soon.)


great job.......

Post 3

several, a/k/a random

well, america was coming off the debacle of richard nixon as president, followed by jimmy carter in '76-'80 with the hostages (they were released as ronnie was getting sworn in as president) so you could say that the hussains and al-quaidas of the world started getting organized, digging their holes back in the 80's.
and, not surprisingly, the reagans hosted ray charles at at least one White House state dinner-party.
smiley - musicalnote


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Running With Scissors

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more