A Conversation for Perfection

Perfection

Post 1

Researcher 31632

Bright copper kettles and warm, woollen mittens/ Brown paper packages tied up in string/These are a few of our favourite things...Are these perfection? Since I've never seen them, or can perfection only be heard. If so the sound perfection makes is not perfection; which leads to the question is perfection not truely perfection, unless it doesn't contain perfection.


Perfection

Post 2

sassy.saint

I agree, I think. This may be too deep for me, but hey, I'm not perfect otherwise I'd be in unreality right now.
Perfection can not really be heard it is just our slightly distorted view of what perfection might be as it is the closest we ever get.
Also I'd look out for your fiancee. This could be where the perfect objects have headed.


Perfection

Post 3

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

Perfection in sound is the noise made by the top coming off a bottle of Deuchar's IPA.


Perfection

Post 4

Pentadact

I think actually that aural perfection would have to be silence, since not only would any noise cease to exist were it perfect, but anyone who's ever heard Marilyn Manson will appreciate the true, sheer beauty of the sound of that music *not* being played.


Perfection

Post 5

Researcher no.47679

Light may also achieve perfection, slightly more easily than other objects, becasue light has very little ways of changing and so there is little difference between perfect and imperfect. Opposites attract, who said that? I dunno, but theoretically a bit of light becoming perfect would pull towards it another imperfect thing making it perfect, where it does the same thing to another object. This creates a small 'black hole' of constantly perfect matter, condensed into nothing. Perhaps these black holes somehow attract ball point pens, as they are quite definatly not perfect. Any ideas? Or maybe they just dissapear because of the quite natural flow of matter in and out of the universe, of which we try to hummiliate by putting it down to some sort of fairy (like the Tooth Fairy or the Verruca Knome.) Space works in strange ways.


Perfection

Post 6

Doktor B-Zitch

Well, I'm perfect, and as such I've been traped in this horrible fate we all know by the fraudulent name: UN-REALITY. I'm writing from Un-reality right now, and here's a secret: this places is horrible! It is most positively REAL and quite boring. After last month's ice creamy treat (which was a blast considering I hadn't eaten since the great Popcorn Fiasco of '86) it occured to me that the nuts were somewhat soft, and as such, they were not perfect. Since, I've been wondering...........
is it possible that once perfection is attained, the object of perfection is swallowed into the universe's "Department of Making Sense of the Un-sensical" and quickly altered so that perfection is lost and order retained?
but, how then is it that my dog here in 'Un-reality' always catches my frisbee before it hits the ground?
how is it that those wonderful flowery soft popped kernels of korn were SO tasty, back in '86?
and then theres me............I'm still perfuct.
hmmmmmmm????????


Perfection

Post 7

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

What's that smell? It's like tobacco, but there's a familiar note at the back of it.


Perfection

Post 8

sassy gal

But is not perfection, like beauty in the eye of the beholder. If it makes you happy "go for it". You have stated that you are perfect...and this is quite likely true either in your own eyes or the eyes of someone very dear to you. My father always told me while I was growing up that there were only 2 perfect people in the world "him and me". It worked for me at the time, allowed for a great deal of self-confidence. Now I can see as he says the same thing to my children, what a boost it gives to their self-esteem.

One of the biggest problems with perfection is that it draws attention, and it's a sad comment on our world today that so many people who view perfection feel it is their duty to destroy it.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more