This week Master B makes a stately broth with a difference.
We would also be happy to feature your own personal favourite recipe but do remember that you should not submit anything which may be copyright. Send your suggestions or recipes to Shazz.
Thai Spicy King Prawn Broth
A particular favourite of mine and Odo's, this can be made with red chilli if you fancy that extra kick.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 500g king or tiger prawns
- 1 medium green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, minced
- One stalk lemongrass, cleaned and finely chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 6 spring onions, cleaned and chopped
- 3/4 pint vegetable stock
- One large handful fresh basil, coarsely chopped/torn
What To Do
- Mix the prawns thoroughly in a bowl with the chilli, garlic, ginger, lemon, lemongrass and spring onions and leave for 1 hour to marinade.
- Turn out the entire bowl into a hot wok or frying pan and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until the greens of the spring onions start to fade.
- Add the vegetable stock, lower the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the basil. Serve over plain boiled rice and pour over plenty of the juices for the rice to absorb.