A Conversation for H2G2 Parent and Child Group.

Broodiness and Birthweights!

Post 21

Smiffy the Lab Assistant (1+9)*5-(5+4)+1=42

*giggles* I go away for a couple of months because real life takes over and you lot are having a ball! Typical! LOL

I had progressively bigger babies..

6lb 8oz 6lb 12oz and 7lb 2oz.... I'm not exactly petite either so they were a lot smaller than I imagined they would be LOL

Chocolate is a necessity for all mothers, mums to be and even ladies thinking about becoming mums... ok I admit it... my philosophy is you can never have too much chocolate LOL


Broodiness and Birthweights!

Post 22

Dorothy (used to be Baby Driver)

I don't feel broody, yet (mini-munchkin is only 6 weeks old on Wednesday coming) but I wanted to answer that a big baby doesn't mean a bad birth.

Mini-Munchkin weighed in at 9lbs 9oz. (Phew!) I'd been suffering pains since 10:30pm on Monday night, and went into hospital on Tuesday at 4pm, when the pains had become close together and regular. From the moment I went to bed on Monday night, she'd turned so I had a back-to-back labour, and I screamed through most of the night and most of Tuesday, but when we got to hospital and I was measured, I was already 5cm open. From then until birth was 7 hours.

To cut a long story short (my birth story took several pages of A4!) I was able to have a hospital waterbirth. The dilation was textbook timing (one cm per hour) and although the Stage 2 was two hours, that was because the silly girl was turning her head the wrong way, making the contractions slow, and not because of her size. I ended up with a minor tear, no stitches, and had only used gas-and-air for painrelief!

OK, so I'm a show-off! Sorry if I made anyone squirm with my details!

x x Driver


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more