A Conversation for H2G2 Parent and Child Group.

Hello, anyone here?

Post 1

World Service Memoryshare team

smiley - zen Anna here. Anybody else about?


Hello, anyone here?

Post 2

Mistdancer-X-sporadically coherent

I'm here! I'm going to link this on my space, and add it to my links page! I might even put it in my name!

Don't know how long I'll be on this afternoon though....got to pick up Toby from school, and Eddie is racing round the room in his walker, dragging everything off the table!

smiley - elf


Hello, anyone here?

Post 3

World Service Memoryshare team

Ha! Sounds like a household I know, and I've only got one! Busy, busy! How do you even find the time to go online?


Hello, anyone here?

Post 4

Bernadette Lynn_ Home Educator

Hello, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to answer. Among other constraints on my time, Charlotte has suddenly developed a passion for computer games so I rarely get the computer to myself any more.

I wouldn't mind you taking over this page at all, if you really want it - I never seem to manage to do much more than read a couple of posts these days so it has been rather neglected.

One thing that should be here is links to pages like the postnatal depression one, and I'm sure someone wrote an article on breastfeeding once, if I had time to find it.

Other than that, I had lots of ideas about this page once but they've all disappeared - I look forward to seeing what you do with it.


Hello, anyone here?

Post 5

Mistdancer-X-sporadically coherent

Hi Bernadette.

Thanks!smiley - wow I know what the time thing is like....my kids are 5 years and 8 months! And the oldest loves computers!

What's the best way to go about this? I know I can't alter this entry, so should I create a new one and you could put a forwarding link on this one? I don't know how to go about this, really. Anna, what's the best answer?!

Bernadette, if I do create a new one, you will be credited, I promise! And I will track down some links, off-site and on.

smiley - elf


Hello, anyone here?

Post 6

World Service Memoryshare team

I think both pages are lovely. We could have two, like two alternative playgroups... Maybe one for babies or one for toddlers? Bernadette, if you'd like to hand over editing rights to Mistdancer then I can sort it out. But only if you'd like to, of course.

smiley - smiley

Anna


Hello, anyone here?

Post 7

I'm not really here

And somewhere for the exhausted to get a cup of tea and a biscuit!
My smiley - angel is 7. He's more than enough work.


Hello, anyone here?

Post 8

Mistdancer-X-sporadically coherent

Ok, I've finished the page! So far, I haven't credited anyone else yet, as I'm not sure where the page is going! It's sitting in my builders yard at the moment, and will have to move somewhere, as that's the place I'm using to put all my stuff together! If the links are changing, and it's going on this A number, then I'll add the credits then. If not, and it's going on a new A number, I'll add them there.

Anyone want to go have a look? Any suggestions welcome! A691562

smiley - elf


Hello, anyone here?

Post 9

I'm not really here

It's looking good! smiley - biggrin


Hello, anyone here?

Post 10

Mistdancer-X-sporadically coherent

Ta! I tried to make it for all age groups of kids. I hope it worked!

smiley - elf


Hello, anyone here?

Post 11

I'm not really here

It looks like they're all covered!
I'll add a link to my Personal Space when I get around to updating it. smiley - smiley


Hello, anyone here?

Post 12

Mistdancer-X-sporadically coherent

That's the thing, though. I still don't know what it's A number is going to be. It may end up here, if Bernadette gives Anna the ok to pass on the editing rights to me. If not, I'll move it to a new A number, as the one it has now is used for building entries.

Have to wait for Anna to come back on Monday!

How are you doing, anyways? Feeling better?

smiley - elf


Hello, anyone here?

Post 13

I'm not really here

Ok, I'll wait then. smiley - smiley

I do feel a bit better, although I woke up this morning and my nose was bleeding. smiley - blue I was told it might bleed if I got an infection, and I do have a sore throat, so maybe that's why.


Hello, anyone here?

Post 14

Mistdancer-X-sporadically coherent

Anna, you around?

smiley - elf


Hello, anyone here?

Post 15

World Service Memoryshare team

Hey Mistdancer, how are you doing? I think the Builder's Yard is lovely and not a speck of dust anywhere smiley - winkeye I've linked to it from my page, if that's okay. Maybe you/we could add a list of relevant topics that have come up elsewhere on h2g2 like the MMR jab issue in ask h2g2. And maybe a 'Reveal yourself' thread where we can say - My name is Anna and my son's name is Dominic. He is seven months' old. Or we could add our personal spaces so that we build up a network. (I've just updated A677171 with news on Dom's first tooth). Let me know what I can help with smiley - smiley


Hello, anyone here?

Post 16

Bernadette Lynn_ Home Educator

Anna, I would be perfectly happy to relinquish editing rights to this page.

I started it in the hope of finding other parents to chat to; as far as I'm concerned it'll be all the better if Mistdancer wants the responsibility.

Mistdancer - I loved your page.


Hello, anyone here?

Post 17

World Service Memoryshare team

Thanks Bernadette smiley - hug I'll swap you over. Is there anything you'd like me or Mistdancer to do to the page that you never got round to?

smiley - zen Anna


Hello, anyone here?

Post 18

Mistdancer-X-sporadically coherent

Ok then, as soon as I get the editing rights for this page, I'll transfer the GuideML from the Builders Yard to here, and add the referenced researchers.

I like the idea of thread links. I'll add the MMR debate tonight. Any others anyone can think of? And when it's all transferred over, I'll start a couple of conversations on it smiley - ok

I was thinking of adding a list of h2g2 parents to the page. Anyone who drops by can have their name added, so other mums/dads can find each other.

Thanks for the smiley - ok Bernadette. Glad you like the page! Looking forward to chatting with you, time permitting!

Once it's all set up, maybe Abi would advertise it for us? Or maybe an article in The Post? There's got to be lots of us out there!

smiley - elf


Hello, anyone here?

Post 19

World Service Memoryshare team

Hi Mistdancer,

I've given you editing rights. Yay! I can't think of any other existing conversations, though we could include Cloviscat's 'Guess who's pregnant now?' F19585?thread=146356&skip=0&show=20 and extend the h2g2 parent and child group to expectant mothers too.

I'll talk to Abi about advertising the page for us and the Post people are a friendly bunch, I'm sure they'll give us a mention smiley - smiley

Anna smiley - hug


Hello, anyone here?

Post 20

Mistdancer-X-sporadically coherent

Yay!

I've transferred the GuideML over, and added my referenced researchers smiley - winkeye I'll get around to adding the threads later smiley - ok

Thanks Anna and Bernadette.

All we need are some mums and dads now!

smiley - elf


Key: Complain about this post