A Conversation for Magicians Guild : Outpost Poroda

Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 61

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

*Using some temporal magic, Avatar manages to sneak into the cave and have a look around. Inside he sees a large dragon that seem to be slumbering and, towards the back of the cave, a small spring of water. He quietly eases his way back out and heads toward Ecg's position.*

~Ok lad, here's what we have. Up ahead is a cave that's completely covered by illusionist magic. I've had training to see through it, but you have not. Inside it is a sleeping dragon guarding a small spring. Now, just how good are you at manipulating water?~


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 62

Thorn

[Ecg]: "At the Guild sometimes people discouraged me from using it. I can take it up from the ground itself sometimes and have it collect into the form of an object. Usually a simpler one is easier... although I can do an axe,- just about down pat."

*Rattles off some of the other things to on his fingers*


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 63

Thorn

: Too.


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 64

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

*whispering* Quiet lad! We've not much time. Now listen, I think I have a plan. When we start, I'm going to slow time as much as I can. Then you and I are going to sneak into the cave and you're going to fill up a canteen with the spring water while I warp time around the dragon. Then we will very quietly take our leave and get back to Imardin as quickly as possible, okay?

Now, I'm going to warn you. Manipulating this much time is going to leave me rather weak. There will be no second chances. Got it?


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 65

Thorn

Ecg says quietly.
~It was because it was kind of messy indoors. Yeah, I think I'll need you to be my eyes for me. If you can describe where it is and the dragon... how much room I've got to work worth, like how far away it is in meters.~

*Shrugs*


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 66

Thorn

[Ecg]: ~Or that. That too. I'll be tempted to keep a dragon egg with me. If I didn't half know any better. They're supposedly fiercely loyal, right?~


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 67

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

*looks slowly at Ecg*

Don't even think about trying to steal a dragon egg, boy. The dragon would follow us to the ends of the earth to try and get it back. Let's just do the job and get out.

*Avatar grabs his staff and changes his stance. With intense concentration he molds time around him and Ecg, slowing and rediverting it.*

*he turn to Ecg* Hold on to my arm, lad. That'll make it easier to keep us both in time. Besides, that way I can show you the way into the cave.


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 68

Thorn

[Ecg]: ~Even if I asked it, nicely? Darn. Maybe I should settle for a baser animal-demon as a pet. Okay. We do not need a container for the water... if I turned a shape of it into ice... something easy to carry,- like maybe,- a discus?~
*Does as is instructed and lets Avatar lead*


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 69

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

*he sighs as he heads toward the summit*

Yes, you could, but ice has a tendency to melt. Besides, I remember hearing tales of you causing a blizzard in the kitchens back at the guild. What you may want to do though, is once we get out, collapse the mouth of the cave. That should help buy us some time.

*They enter the cave. Once through the illusions, iverything is visible. Avatar hands ecg the canteen.*

Here. Go and fill this from the spring. I'll try and hold the dragon in time, but hurry, I don't know how long I can keep this up.

*Avatar begins slowing the dragon's time as much as he can, the effort of which is wearing him down greatly.*


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 70

Thorn

~Remember that trinket... it'll buy you some energy,- but at the cost of temporarily mussing or affecting your appearance. Yeah. Here goes.~

*Ecg wiggles his fingers a bit with one hand and gets the water to go up in a small stream, like a teapot that got poured upside down that still worked anyway... and has it flow into the canteen's open-mouth/neck*


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 71

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

~Thanks.~

*Avatar makes use of the trinket and finds that it gives him a small boost in his efforts. It also makes his head ache but he dismisses that.*

Whenever you're ready, lad. *he calls, struggling to keep the dragon temporally frozen*


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 72

Thorn

[Ecg]: ~I'll speed it up a bit. The amount of water going in. Then it'll be full. My word, you're growing a pair of horns. It didn't do that when I tested it out because I am not old enough yet.~


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 73

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

~Don't distract me. Hurry! I can't keep this up much longer!~


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 74

Thorn

[Ecg]: ~It's done.~
*He stems the flow of water and caps it shut.*

~Ready to leave when you are. Might want to look at a mirror at some point later... I've got something shiny you could use when we're outside. You aren't going to want to miss seeing it.~
*Shrugs*


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 75

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

*Avatar slowly backs out of the cave with Ecg while trying to keep the dragon under his spell. He can feel his power weakening as he reaches the cave mouth. He gets clear and they run for it.*

Ecg, seal the cave, now!


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 76

Thorn

[Ecg]: ~Alright. Here goes.~
*He has rocks tumble down from up top and seal in the entrance.*

"Antlers..." he says almost in disbelief, picking up something that doesn't seem quite like the other rocks. It's... speckled, or even spotted. Very strange colors too.

*Hands Avatar an metal-elbow pad from his bag to look through/at*


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 77

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

*Avatar takes the elbow pad and looks at his reflection*

Hmm, I look like an antelope.

*he turns to Ecg*

Good work lad. Good work indeed. Now, what say we get back to the outpost and then head home to the guild, eh?


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 78

Thorn

[Ecg]: "Okay. It must have been part of an interaction with something to that spell the elves had put on you. Er,- 'majestic' " he manages to slip from his mouth, perhaps a little more humorously than he had intended.

"Is this a rock or an egg you think? I want to give it to Elwyn" He says passing Avatar the funny looking speckled object as they walk.


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 79

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

*Avatar pauses to catch his breath*

I don't know about you, lad, but I'm positively tapped out. Unless you have some objection, I'm going to spring for a coach to take us back to Imardin from Paroda.

*Avatar takes the object and carefully examines it.*

Hmmm, I'm not sure. You may want to show it to one of the caretakers when we get back to the guild. You still have the canteen with you, don't you?


Poroda: Mt Ruby

Post 80

Thorn

[Ecg]: "Yeah,- it's right here clipped at my belt. No, no objections. Um, we might purchase a mule or some minor pack-animal to carry some of the load of our stuff back for us as well perhaps. I've enough gold on me, I think. However, it's up to you. You're probably the one who has the best gauge on how how much more walking you can do before it exceeds your limits."
*Nods*


Key: Complain about this post