A Conversation for Magicians Guild : Outpost Poroda

Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 1

MadHank (Master of Forgeting, and Returning Awesome guy)

jake walks in, dragging Ecg bahind him.


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 2

Thorn

[Ecg Unagi]: "Well then," he says teasingly to Jake "aren't you lucky that I got to be a spoiled rich brat, when I'd gone back home after failing battle?"

*Walks over to a vendor selling spiced snacks and roasted nuts*
"I'll take one of those" he says, tossing the merchant a coin as he gets handed a smallish bag, that looks a tad greasy in the corners.

(To Jake) : "Want some? They're only good while they're still hot, I think."

*Leaves Jake with the bag of fried things, while he peruses a shop, that looks to be selling tents*
"Three please."

*Struggles to take them back out the tiny doorway, one at a time*
"Uhhngh... Inht! I think we ought to rent some sort of a lizard mule, or something; Y'know, fire-resistant?"
Not heavy, just-awkward.


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 3

MadHank (Master of Forgeting, and Returning Awesome guy)

Jake tosses the fried objects away, and helped Ecg out. "I wouldn't know. I was the son of a lowly merc. Must be where I got the skills from." he said, walking along. "My brother was crazier then me, and if i don't seem crazy, then you need a brain."


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 4

Thorn

[Ecg]: *Gives a silly fanged grin for a sec, then...*
"Hey! Crazy to throw away good food, that-is!"

*Makes a dive for the bag, as he has not eaten anything remotely approaching an actual meal, in at least a day or two*
"..."
*Catches it*

"Yer brother... he supposed to be some sorta an evil sorceror, or summat?"

*Eats, peering towards whom he is addressing, without pausing as he speaks (in between mouthfuls)*


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 5

Thorn

[Ecg Unagi]: "Well then,"
}Omp!{
"What do you think we ought to buy next?"

*Tosses the empty bag*

"Hmm... seems like we may have side tracked, or misplaced Avatar; you don't suppose, that the guards are still holding him up, back at the gate?"

: This'll give him some time, to catch up to us, in case we still want to move on ahead, with this "supply run" thing, anyway.


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 6

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

*Avatar strolls through the marketplace sampling wares and chatting with some of the local merchants. He sees Jake and Ecg and walks over to them with a pastry in his hand.*

*He takes a bite of the pastry.*

Hey lads, sorry about wandering off like that. I just stopped to buy bite to eat and got to talking. You know how it is. Anyway, I'm here now. What all do we need to get for supplies?


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 7

Thorn

[Ecg]: "Um, we already bought the tents. We'll need some food and provisions, and some metal, to make the picks and climbing spikes (I think)."


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 8

MadHank (Master of Forgeting, and Returning Awesome guy)

Jake shakes his head. "I wish he was. My brother thinks that by helping the darkness he will rule the world. Little does he know that he is jsut being used. Stupid fool. Pure evil by now, but is an elementalist just like me."


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 9

Thorn

[Ecg Unagi]: "He let them use-his soul? I'm sorry."
*They played his own ambition against him,- what would/might have otherwise stood to be a strength. Must have been pretty hard on Jake, that.*

~Sinister albeit cunning fiends-these are,_ that we are to face...~

*Clenches and unclenches his fists, as he is scowling and unscowling his forehead a few times.*

*A general of darkness, by now- I'll bet.*


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 10

Thorn

[Ecg]: *Changes facial expressions and choice of subject promptly*
"So, about those supplies_ where might we find access to a smithy, you'd wager?"

*Listens for the sound of a hammer hitting an anvil, or of a billows and flames*
...


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 11

MadHank (Master of Forgeting, and Returning Awesome guy)

"My brother might just rule them all now. But when we meet again, I will destroy him."


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 12

Thorn

[Ecg Unagi]: "I do not doubt that; it sounds of one's wyrd..."


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 13

Thorn

[Ecg Unagi]: "I can help you there; One day, I am going to travel to the-realm of the-dead itself, in order to increase my strength. Maybe there will be an object there, which might be retrieved, in order to aide you on this personal quest-of yours, a journey to the final confrontation, eh? I don't know, it wouldn't-be correct for one like myself to interfere."


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 14

Thorn

[Ecg]: "Hey, can we keep moving?"

*Hails a junk salvager*
"Yes, I'd like to buy some scrap metal off of you."

*Is indicated toward the selection/ a few choice "pieces."*


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 15

MadHank (Master of Forgeting, and Returning Awesome guy)

"No. People from my family will die by teh family sword. Luckly he went bad early on, and the location of the secret family metal mine was divulged to me only."


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 16

Thorn

[Ecg Unagi]: *Buys the junk off the salvager-collector cheaply, since at the mention of fighting and vendettas he seems only to happy to go and make himself scarce.*

"No,- we cannot move on? Or no you do not wish for my help in that? A very specific-weapon eh... Suppose that means that you're sure there is nothing you might like to have brought over from the realm of the dead."

*Raises an eyebrow at that*

"Ah,- well... Supposing not. Look, how fortunate, there does seem to be a forge, not too far off."

There does indeed seem to be a smithy nearby.

*Ecg attempts to hail one of the apprentices who is running back and forth carrying things from one end of the foundry to the other*

"Hello, can I speak to the master craftsman here? I want you to tell him that there is a journeyman outside who seeks his" *Pauses*
"authority, on something."

[Apprentice smith]: *Nods making note of it, and then disappears within the interior of the foundry*

[Ecg]: (To Jake and Avatar) : "That is how one is supposed to do that sort of thing, isn't it?"

*Waits*


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 17

Thorn

[Ecg Unagi]: *Taps his foot a bit*


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 18

MadHank (Master of Forgeting, and Returning Awesome guy)

'I don't know. I always used the same blacksmith for my weaponry."


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 19

Thorn

[Master blacksmith]: "Very well, they will have to bear with me as I am cooling this... We are very busy lately, and all my hands and assistants are tied. Yes, what do you want?" he says, facing away from them as he continues his task.

[Ecg]: (To Jake) : "Well, here goes nothing... Now would be as good a time to bring it up as any."

*Shrugs*


Poroda: City Streets/Market Place

Post 20

MadHank (Master of Forgeting, and Returning Awesome guy)

Jake: Bring what up?

Master SMith: Do you need me?


Key: Complain about this post