A Conversation for Shadow Realm

The Rift

Post 1

Flamestrike

Blackness swirls all around with tiny pinpoints of light on all horizons. Giant winged shadow dragons fly overhead and shadow creatures walk around the flat featureless area. In the centre sits a tent made of shadow.


The Rift

Post 2

Flamestrike

*Saiga steps out of the tent and motions to some of the shadow creatures walking around*

Keep an eye on the lady Ena and make sure she is okay when she awakens.


The Rift

Post 3

Scandrea

*Scandrea collects Astarem and Thena, and stares around in open-mouthed shock.*

Where are we?


The Rift

Post 4

Flamestrike

*Saiga in his physical form not ocmposed of shadow now looks over at Scandrea. He stands about 6ft tall and is dressed in black body armour and has long flowing dark hair. His eyes are black completly opaque and he carries a long blade in a sheath across his back.*

Welcome to the rift and who are you?


The Rift

Post 5

Scandrea

My friends call me Scandrea. I-I'm a friend of Ena's. These are Astarem and Thena, and the wolf is Tracer.

*All this is said in a tone that makes one believe that Scandrea is not really thinking about what she's saying.*

And you, sir?


The Rift

Post 6

Flamestrike

My name is Saiga, former bodyguard of Ena and now the one about to assault that godforsaken tower and change the fate of Brena.

Now you are here I am afraid I cannot allow you to leave until the attack has begun.

*All of this is a delivered in a flat statement of someone pronoucing a fact not what may be.*

My apoliges lady Scandrea but I will make sure that you are comfortable and your needs are met.

*I look at the children and my expression changes - softening* Are... are they Enas?


The Rift

Post 7

Scandrea

Er- yes!

But... their father is still in the tower, and Ena's friend, Lil! You've got to at least wait until they get out safely!


The Rift

Post 8

Flamestrike

*still looking at the kids I reach out a hand towards them and strokes them a tear in my eye...*

*whispers* How she has grown from the girl I remember...

*looks back at Scandrea*

I am sorry what did you say?


The Rift

Post 9

Scandrea

I said Ena's husband and friend are both still in the tower! You're not going to attack while they're in the line of fire, are you?


The Rift

Post 10

Flamestrike

The attack time is set and there is nothing I am going to do to change that. I will try to avoid injuring them if possible.

*Screams and shouts are suddenly heard as shadow creatures begin to drag people from the village into the rift. Cages of shadow form from the ground and the people are locked inside of them*


The Rift

Post 11

Scandrea

*Steps back, horrified, still clutching the kittens, wanting to run, but not sure where she would go.*

And what did they do?


The Rift

Post 12

Flamestrike

Kham and her friend... Nothing. That is why I will try not to harm them.


The Rift

Post 13

Scandrea

No.

*Points to the terrified captives.*

Them.


The Rift

Post 14

Flamestrike

They are from the village and will not be harmed. They are there to prevent threats from quarter and collateral.


The Rift

Post 15

Scandrea

*Scandrea looks over her shoulder.*

I'm afraid I've gotten myself into the middle of a war that I don't have anything to do with...


The Rift

Post 16

Flamestrike

*a faint smile ghosts my lips* War does that to people regardless of side or view of it. Can you fight lady Scandrea?


The Rift

Post 17

Scandrea

No! I don't know how to fight!


The Rift

Post 18

Flamestrike

Then I hope you do not have to learn. It was a requirement where I gre up.

*More people are hoarded into cages and several shadow forms step into the pinpricks of light and vanish*


The Rift

Post 19

Scandrea

*still nervous, but somewhat less.*

I-is there a place where I can get some rest, and maybe *Grins and gestures to tattered outfit.* a change of clothes?


The Rift

Post 20

Flamestrike

I will have some brought to you.

*A tent forms in the shadows*

and you may rest here...

Now I must go and work on the plans.


Key: Complain about this post