A Conversation for Shadow Realm

The Room of Illusions

Post 121

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

*Lil is aware of the great compliment Cara is paying her in offering this apprenticeship*


*Says quietly*

Master Cara..I thank you sir...You pay me a great honour in offering this to me.

I hope you never have to regret your words of faith in my abilities...


*Lil is blushing and determines to learn all this great man is willing to teach her*


*She is unaware of the departure of Ena*


The Room of Illusions

Post 122

Luthiena


The Room of Illusions

Post 123

Brena, now controlled by me

*Brena walks into the room, he seems unaware that the gravesoil is gone and his body is living as it was before. He is still in shock and walking as if in a dream, he sees lil and walks to her, ignoring Cara*


The Room of Illusions

Post 124

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

*Lil reaches for her knife, but she is in mourning and carries no weapons*


*She backs away from Brena*

*Suddenly, she stands her ground and frowns at Brena... and demands*


What DO you want?


*She defiantly waits for her answer*


The Room of Illusions

Post 125

Brena, now controlled by me

I came looking for you, you have answers, you are close to her.
*he spots the message on the floor*
What is that?


The Room of Illusions

Post 126

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

What?


*Only just realising she has not seen Ena for days*


*Nervously stands beside Brena and reads the message on the floor*

No! She can't do this to me! Cara!

Help me!.......... Please...She has left me the Shadow Realm... she has gone! *sob* I forced her away!...But ...I didn't mean it!


*Sobs in Cara's arms...all her mourning being released at once*


The Room of Illusions

Post 127

Sponge Rob Squarepants

*holds Lil close to him*

It was the Princess's decision to leave, no one forced her to go.
In fact I don't believe that anyone in the realm could force her to go, well with exception of him of course.

*points at Brena*

Master Brena I do not believe we have been formally introduced.
I am Cara and this is my home.
Please remember that you are an uninvited guest here and whilst I tolerate your presence be aware that the magics in this room prevent you from harming myself or any of my guests.
But those rules do not extend to include yourself.

Now have you come here to cause trouble or do you have other intentions.

*holds lil close to him and squeezes her reasurringly against him lending her his strength.*


The Room of Illusions

Post 128

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned



*Is reassured by Cara's presence and stops crying. But still she needs his support and hold tightly to him*


*Looks at Brena once more and asks*

What do you want with me? You have taken everything I have ever loved from me.... I have nothing left to give you!


*Begins to shudder, but Cara holds her tighter and she relaxes again*


The Room of Illusions

Post 129

Brena, now controlled by me

I came looking for you as I thought you would know where to find *her*, but obviously you have done what I could not. I thank you lady for your help and may not kill you when I make her unprotected realm my own.


The Room of Illusions

Post 130

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

*Looks defiantly at Brena...*


Unprotected?... Do you really think that?

This Realm has been protected from evil forces from the very beginning!

She just could not use them against you, her own brother.

But others can..........


*turns and walks away...takes the little golden key and retreats quietly into the Chapel with the body of her son*


The Room of Illusions

Post 131

Sponge Rob Squarepants

*watches lil leave and turns to Brena*

She may be right you know...
From what I have learnt the shadow realm has many secrets, some not even an aged scholar such as myself can unravel.
You may find your plans a little harder to fulfil than you expect.
And there will always be heros to try and thwart you.

Now if you have found what you were looking for, may I ask you to leave my humble abode as I have important work to do.

*a portal opens up behind Brena and Cara waits for him to leave*


The Room of Illusions

Post 132

Sponge Rob Squarepants

*cara watches as Brena leaves, the portal closing behind him and he makes his way towards the Chapel*

*he sees Lil knelt by the body of Rin holding the childs hand close to her chest, He sees a sight that he has never experienced before, He sees the uncoditional love of a mother for her child.
This sight moves him more than he ever thought possible and he feels a sensation growing inside him that he has not felt for a long time*

*he feels love*

*He fights back the emotion and calms himself, he knocks on the wall next to the chapel*

My apologies for disturbing your grief my lady.
But I thought you would want to know that Lord Brena has left.
We are alone again...


The Room of Illusions

Post 133

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

*She kisses Rins hand and returns it to his chest*

*Wiping her eyes with her fingers... she turns to acknowledge Cara*

*Quietly she says*....

He will be back, Cara..while I keep Rin here, you will never again know peace. Brena will attempt to retrieve his body for his own evil designs. Even Ena might try too!

I must find somewhere were Rin can sleep and where he will never be disturbed again!

*Her voice catches and she quickly turns her head back to her son*


The Room of Illusions

Post 134

Sponge Rob Squarepants

I know of a place My Lady.
A place where the child may rest in peace and none, not even Lord Brena can get to him...

But you must trust me My Lady.

Do you trust me?
For where I intend to take him not even you will ever see him again...


The Room of Illusions

Post 135

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

*Lowering her head into her hand...she spoke through her tears*


Cara, Rin and I were never meant to be together. I was unaware of...of....having..been with Brena except during those times of the demon feeding *sob*..Once I asked if he...he denied it! And yet look at the results of his denial!

*Lil hold her shaking hand over Rins body*

Brena tore him from my body before I even new I was pregnant! Had it not been for Saiga, I would have, should have died too!


*Her voice strengthens*

But I cannot allow anybody to abuse my child any further!

Cara, please help me to find a truly peaceful place... I swear I will never ask another thing from you... please..

*Now the tears fall in earnest..Cara is drawn towards Lil*


The Room of Illusions

Post 136

Sponge Rob Squarepants

*cara holds lil close, pressing her head against his chest he looks down upon her small fragile form with love like a father would look upon his daughter, but he feels the sensations growing again as her feels her body next to his, he shares her sadness and her pain, he feels his love for growing and in his confusion he pushes lil away*

*He looks into Lils eyes and sees that love reflected within, he thinks to himself, this can not happen, I am not capable of love, I died over 200 years before this woman was born, I do not deserve it, But no matter how many excuses he finds to try and stop his feelings for her, he comes back to one undeniable truth. He loves her, and will lover her for the rest of time*

*he calm himnself internally and thanks the mask for hiding his feelings from sight*

Lil My Lady...
Rin is.... was your son and it is your decision how the corpse is interred.
If you will let me I will take him to a place far from here where only those who know the way may find.
There he will be safe and at peace.

Please bring the body to me.

*he sees lil walk towards the chapel and is glad of the few seconds it affords him to gather his thoughts and banish the wayward emotions from his mind*


The Room of Illusions

Post 137

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

*Lil looks into the peaceful face of Rin and gathers him in her arms*

*She turns and walks back towards Cara, who is waiting just outside the Chapel doorway....as she approaches she can see herself in his mask, her reflection..her son in her arms and yet her son as an adult, had he lived*

*For a few moments she hesitates... Rin could still live.. Cara told her of that........she has just seen the Man Rin could become.. but still she would be left with his dead body..Rin was never meant to be*


*She kisses her son and hands his body to Cara*

Please be gentle with him... he deserves that at least </>


*Lil watches Cara as he gently takes Rin into his arms and then he turn to her*


The Room of Illusions

Post 138

Sponge Rob Squarepants

*cara takes the body carefully in his arms and walks towards the north wall of the room*

You needn't worry My Love I have knowledge of over a hundered different burial rituals and practices, he is in the best of care.

*cara realises the slip he has made and curses himself for his lack of concentration hoping that in her emotional state Lil did not notice.
He is stonger than that, he is a mage and no one should be able to affect his concentration, especially not an ordinary woman.
But he realises this is no ordinary woman, something about affects him, affects him in ways he didn't think were possible any more*

*he walks over to the wall and lays Rin gently on the floor, beneath him a disk of shadow appears and raises him to waist height, Cara takes a wand from his pocket and traces a few lines on the wall and suddenly a large doorway appears, not a portal like those to the shadow realm but a true doorway with door made of some unknown metal and inscribed with dragons of every type*

My Lady I have to leave for a short while to make sure Rin's body is treated correctly, feel free to make use of the facilities my humble abode has to offer.
I will return shortly...

*cara enters the doorway with Rins body following behind*


The Room of Illusions

Post 139

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

*Lil's resolve almost left her..she almost called for Cara to return Rin to her..then she remembered the vision she saw in the mask... Eventually she would have been left holding Rin's body. Man or Child, it made little difference, at least this way, she knew Rin died the death of an innocent. He would never be plagued by the demons that possessed his father and aunt.*

*Begins to walk around the room and looking at some of the objects on the shelves.. there was a large book...Lil lifts it down from the shelf*


*She begins to read with fascination, a list of known enemies within the Realm...and Ena is among them...and Khamsin..but this must be wrong!Khamsin would never ... well almost never .. what did he do? Now she is wondering what kind of people had she been associating with all these years!*

Oh! Cara! Please hurry back... I need to ask you .. if you could.. Oh! Cara, I don't what I need to know.. but I need you here.. with me .. now!

*Then she remembers..."You needn't worry My Love" he said...*

Cara...hurry back *She sobs*


The Room of Illusions

Post 140

Sponge Rob Squarepants

*A few hours have passed and Cara steps back into the room, He sees Lil sat at his desk, a large tome open before her, he recognises which book she has chosen and realises he may have some explaining to do*

*He walks silently up behind her and places his hand gently on her shoulder*

Your Son is safe My Lady..

I promise you no man can get him where he is now....
Not even Brena....





Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more