A Conversation for 'Kes'

Alternative Writing Workshop: A2384598 - 'Kes'

Post 1

Pinniped

Entry: 'Kes' - A2384598
Author: ShogunAssassin - U612320


This is my part of the world, and this guy can write.
It might not appeal to everybody, but it's cocksure, bloody-minded Yorkshire captured to perfection.


A2384598 - 'Kes'

Post 2

cupati

It was filmed in Edward Sheerian school, but it was called something else at the time. Thought you'd like to know.


A2384598 - 'Kes'

Post 3

Spiff


Awsome piece of writing! smiley - ok

I love the way the author brings us along for an affectionate revisiting of an old favourite. From the outset I was drawn into the cinema with him (or her!).

And then the second section - terrific extrapolation (or is 'going off at a tangent' more appropriate?)!

Genuine comedy, coming as it so often does from genuine insight into real life.

This is a great piece - difficult to categorise and well worth a spot on the front page of this site - just the kind of thing that underlines the need for an Underguide with a real place at the heart of h2g2!

Thanks for dropping this into the forum, Pin.

Shogun, are you there? Ready for your 15 mins of fame? smiley - biggrin

spiff


A2384598 - 'Kes'

Post 4

UnderGuide Editors

15 minutes, or more like 7 seven days, coming up smiley - smiley.

Congratulations Shogun Assassin smiley - bubblysmiley - smiley. 'Kes' was indeed picked for the <./>underguide</.>, and will get it's spot on h2g2’s Front Page shortly.

An UnderGuide Gem Polisher will be along. They'll create a UG copy of this to link to from the front page and do any light polishing needed. One thing they will, regrettably, need to do is change a couple of words in the piece in order to get the new copy through h2's profanity filter.

Thankyou for this new gem for the Underguide's shelves.
UGeds


A2384598 - 'Kes'

Post 5

Bluebottle

I think there's a rescuable entry here. smiley - smiley

<BB<


A2384598 - 'Kes'

Post 6

SashaQ - happysad

I agree - take out the first paragraph and the speculation and it is a neat review of a subject that is worthy of being in the Edited Guide smiley - ok


A2384598 - 'Kes'

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

In fact, I might just do that...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more