A Conversation for Grim Fandango, its music

Lucasarts and Music

Post 1

Emar, the Flying Misfit... Yes, seriously, he's back...

While I've never played Grim Fandango (my friend says it's good, though) I can believe that it's got great music; Lucasarts seems to have established a pattern of pairing its graphic adventures with relatively high-quality themes. Remember "Full Throttle"? It won Soundtrack of the Year for the Gone Jackals' hard rock score.


Lucasarts and Music

Post 2

26199

Ahh, I never played Full Throttle - but the Monkey Island games do pretty well for music, I reckon...

When it comes down to it, Lucasarts adventures are just extremely classy smiley - smiley

26199


Lucasarts and Music

Post 3

Emar, the Flying Misfit... Yes, seriously, he's back...

Even if you never played it, you can get some idea of what "Full Throttle sounded like is to find a free demo (which is on a lot of the older CD's) or download the opening trailer somewhere. The opening track is the best tune in the game.


Lucasarts and Music

Post 4

Emar, the Flying Misfit... Yes, seriously, he's back...

Whoops, sorry if that first sentence is a little messed-up. I was editing the post before I sent it, and just got a little sloppy; It's 11:00 pm here. I know this happens all the time on the 'net, but it annoys me enough that I feel the need to apologize for it.


Lucasarts and Music

Post 5

26199

Don't worry about it smiley - smiley

Hmmm, I might just have a bit of a look around...

26199


Lucasarts and Music

Post 6

Emar, the Flying Misfit... Yes, seriously, he's back...

And I'LL have to check out "Grim Fandango" sometime.


Lucasarts and Music

Post 7

Evil One, part time Megalomaniac and fanatical condemner of Alabaster and Pop music

Lucasarts- I've completed nearly all their game and the score is always fantastic


Lucasarts and Music

Post 8

Emar, the Flying Misfit... Yes, seriously, he's back...

Indeed.


Key: Complain about this post