A Conversation for The Irving Washington BooK NooK

Jasper Fforde

Post 1

fyrelizard (muse of roses and raspberry mocha, keeper of pyrotechnics etc)

This is the first time I've explored h2g2... glad to find so many other book worms out there! Wondered if anyone else had discovered the genius who is Jasper Fforde? 'The Eyre Affair' is fantastic... The tale of a literary detective, Thursday Next, who needs to rescue Jane Eyre from the fiend who has kidnapped her from her book! Lots of mayhem, madness, and literary jokes (kind of an insane cousin to Shakespeare in Love, with more of the humour and less of the slushiness!). I wanted to let people know about it and to ask if anyone can think of anything similar they can recommend me, outside the Pratchett/Adams/Carroll scheme of things?


Jasper Fforde

Post 2

Courtesy38

Greetings all - Just reviving the BooK NooK. The newest thread is here http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/F29359?thread=190127 Courtesy


Jasper Fforde

Post 3

Quille the cynic...TC

Actually started a guide entry on him..then stoppped..evil IB!
smiley - elf


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more