A Conversation for Talking Point: TV Imports

BBC

Post 1

Alfredo

While I live in Amsterdam I appear to be almost hooked on the BBC programs, whenever I watch T.V. in the evening.
And I mean BBC 2 and BBC-World.

BBC-World; The news, Hard Talk, and Sunday discussions and special programs in the weekend.
They can bring the whole world in their studio's because of their reputation. And that gives a real good insight of what is really going on. It's a pity that they don't give specific details by e-mail about all their weekend programs. It is rather incomplete, that service. What about "dreamspaces" in last weekend. Could only guess.
(My daughter in New York told me two days ago, that BBC-World could not be received for a while in New York, because they were too critical about 9/11 and Iraq.

And I like that "British style".
It's a pity, it's an Island...



At BBC 2 I love the non-fiction programs.
(I don't often watch movies anyway).
About history of the Victorians, "Ancestors", The Great War, Astronomy, and as there is now the drama of "Dunkirk" in four parts about 1940.
Nice programs about nature, like "desert elephants"; about the Namib desert.
And costume drama's at BBC 2, like Charles 2 , Lord Byron, etc.

Sense of humor is great. Don't have a real favorite program.

And I like more and more the English language. You've got great phrases, like "he turned a blind eye on it", or "passing away", or "he lived out his welcome".
It does help me to write here too.

It is my great appreciation for the content and quality of BBC programs, that I also came to like this wbesite h2g2 and joined in at august 2002.

I cannot imagine life without BBC and h2g2.
Or better; I do not wánt to imagine my life without them.

And let's hópe, the Beep will not be privatized!
Disastrous.


BBC

Post 2

Alfredo




It is almost impossible in The Netherlands to receive BBC Four.
That would be instantly my favorite smiley - smiley


BBC

Post 3

stace8383

I live in Australia. My parents used to watch lots and lots of British TV, they probably still do. Anyway, they did get me rather hooked on it... however I moved out about 3 years ago and I didn't have a TV for a long time, and now I have a TV but no reception. So while I bow to the quality of British TV, I am unable to actually watch it!


BBC

Post 4

Alfredo

Quote;
"So while I bow to the quality of British TV, I am unable to actually watch it!"


The ultimate salute for the Beep! smiley - smiley


BBC

Post 5

Cossack

Actualy she could watch it. It would take one small miracle of there to be some good British TV shows on though.

Cosgit The Original.
-still upstairs.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more