A Conversation for Small Screen Surfin'

Top ten

Post 1

TIMELORD

I could list 10 that could get into a top 10 list none of which are in that list Steptoe and son should be there and so should Whatever happend to the likley lads,Dear john,Just good friends,Till death us do part*,The new statesman,Men behaving badly,The detectives,Last of the summer wine and last but not least Doctor in the house**.

*Including Till death,the thoughts of chairman Alf and in sickness and in health.

**May not be great but it as had more come backs then any other show with doctor at large,doctor in charge,doctor at sea,doctor on the go, doctor down under and doctor at the top. show thats had more titles the some shows have episode.


Top ten

Post 2

Lizzbett


Most of the sitcoms you list were in the top 50 but didn't make the top ten. Perhaps more of them would have made it in had more of us known about the initial vote.

I think it is a great shame that Father Ted only came in at number 11 and in my humble opinion it was far more deserving of a place in the top 10 than Open All Hours. I can't argue with most of the top ten, I loathe and desest both Fawlty Towers and One Foot in the Grave (I don't like extreme characters and I don't find them funny) but most people I know think they are fab so that is obviously just me. I would really like to see Blackadder win (and I am hassling people to vote for it), but Porridge and Yes Minister would also be worthy winners. Tragically, Only Fools and Horses will probably win despite the fact that the last funny episode was Peckham Spring which must have been made at least eight years ago.

Liz
~


Top ten

Post 3

[...]

Ah yes...


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Small Screen Surfin'

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more