A Conversation for The Don't Panic Help Centre

help?

Post 1

Tacysa

I think this is the second time that I have begged for help, but I am highly agitated. If I go anywhere other than my personal space, it says that I need to log in, so I long in and end up back at my ps. I can not join in any threads or leave notes. Please help!


help?

Post 2

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

This could be a problem with the cookies of your browser. Check your browser settings and make sure they're being accepted.

Amy smiley - ant


help?

Post 3

OwlofDoom

You do appear to have posted this in the don't panic help centre...

What you're describing is quite a common bug, which results from a server overload (it particularly happens at weekends). Don't worry about it too much, as it will go away after a while.

Hope that helps...

~ smiley - towel


help?

Post 4

OwlofDoom

Aha. smiley - doh Ignore me... Amy's more likely to be right. It is slightly different symptoms from the bug I'm thinking of, and your symptoms are closer to those of a cookie problem.

~ smiley - towel


help?

Post 5

Marjin, After a long time of procrastination back lurking

There also may be a problem with caching, so it shows cached pages instead of changed ones.

Change the settings so that only pictures are cached and the pages checked every time.


help?

Post 6

Tacysa

Some imbecile set my browser setting to hate all cookies and delete. Unfortunately, the imbecile was probably me, but the problem is solved. Thanks.


help?

Post 7

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post