A Conversation for The H2G2 Tolkien film and book Society!

Join the fellowship!

Post 21

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

Oh you mean links going the other way? i'lll do that now.

My guide ml knowledge is basic at best, but when we get nine members i'll go have a chat with the arty people. Although if you can think of a way to make a badge it'd be good. Like i said anything you think would look good ill try and put up, and i'll rotate the larger files and stuff (i'll keep a recod of them on my pc for safe keeping)


Join the fellowship!

Post 22

Dragon Lord back with avengence

Mark i dont know my U nU number,, ill be Dragon Lord (Ranger of Gondor)


Join the fellowship!

Post 23

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

Okay whats your lotr knowledge like? just a film fan, like the books? just so i get a rough idea of what everyone knows

(First person to take a title apart from me smiley - biggrin)


Join the fellowship!

Post 24

Dragon Lord back with avengence

i liked the film, but never read the books yet.

Yeah? well it sounds cool lol


Join the fellowship!

Post 25

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

Okay your up! fifth member of the fellowship (which in the books was gimli) Theres not much on the pages yet but i keep adding bits when i get chance.

I've included a link to the main page on the other pages now


Join the fellowship!

Post 26

Dragon Lord back with avengence

Cool Cheers M8


Join the fellowship!

Post 27

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

No problem smiley - biggrin just noticed your name. Maybe some of the others will be enticed to add to theres now.

In the very very early stages of thought is a lotr rpg. This would follow the paths of a new fellowship because viggo, elijah and the rest of the cast were busy. Any body reckon its a gud idea?


Join the fellowship!

Post 28

Dragon Lord back with avengence

RPG? Hmmm soundounds like a good idea m8.


Join the fellowship!

Post 29

Laura

Or the original cast complete their quest, only to disover that the ring was one of the replicas, so we had to take over. smiley - biggrin


Join the fellowship!

Post 30

Dragon Lord back with avengence

ACE thats a good one m8


Join the fellowship!

Post 31

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

What i was going to do is keep the track the same as that of the trilogy after rivendell (through the mines of moria, amon hen etc) the problem is that after the fellowship everybody buggers off in various directions, so i might keep it to just the aragorn / legolas / gimli line, so i dont get swampped with posts.
Also (to add intregue) im considering of assigning each player there particular role via email, so you wont know if your heir to the throne, after the ring, against a particular charecter etc


Join the fellowship!

Post 32

AK - fancy that!

< no time for anything today >


Join the fellowship!

Post 33

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

The problem with asking for you to do anything in guide ml is i dont know what the limits are for it. I was wondering whether its possible to do some form of horse? not a filled out one just a line horse like the one on the rohan banners (i want it for the two towers page).
I plan on having a picture a page, just because it looks better with something shinny on it. At the moment the fellowship page has a wizard because i didnt like the hobbit picture.

But theres no mega rush or anything, if you get time and you feel like doing something for here, then something for one of the picture free pages is welcome (post it to 'the one ring..' thread so that ive got them all in one location smiley - cheers)


Join the fellowship!

Post 34

Laura

Have you had a look through the picture library? I know that there's at least an elf up there.


Join the fellowship!

Post 35

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

Yeh i've seen the elf, but im unsure as where to slide it in at the moment. Hopfully in the fullness of time there'll be several collaberative guide enteries (which will hopefully get edited) that would be linked to the main page (im very abitious about this society )


Join the fellowship!

Post 36

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

its all gone quiet...


Join the fellowship!

Post 37

AK - fancy that!

ok I have free tiem now what should I do?


Join the fellowship!

Post 38

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

Anything thats possible with guide ml. See i dont know what it can do, what its limits are. But something for the fellowship page would be nice, or a rohan horse for the two towers page


Join the fellowship!

Post 39

Wøñkø

won't type it U236130


Join the fellowship!

Post 40

AK - fancy that!

Hmm... the problem is, anything bigger than about the size of... well... something pretty small... is too big to do efficiently with table art.
But I could jsut make a logo thingy, all fancy like, that says "the fellowship of the ring"... for now...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more