A Conversation for In Other Words

How

Post 1

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

How. And Howdy. And Howdy Doody.
smiley - biggrin
Glad to see you're still providing spiteful stimulation for the masses. Amazed that you keep up the energy levels but pleased that you do.

For what it's worth (my opinion) I sense a maturing 'style' is shaping and refining the presentation of your fresh insightful view of the world. Keep up the good work.

As for any constructive criticism I might offer; always be very carful with generalisations. I'm sure that most Mexican or handicapped readers will realise your dissing of the sacred ancient Thanksgiving rites and myths has a sympathetic recognition of their plight. But if some were to misunderstand that 'political correctness' is the very hypocrisy you are tackling, they may jump to reflexive misconceptions, fail to see that you are on their side, and accuse you of prejudicial remarks. Nothing like a good "*phew*" to set things right.

yer old buddy,
smiley - ok
~jwf~


How

Post 2

Darth Zaphod

Yes, I understand completely. I had to deal with that when writing for my High School newspaper and my Editorial was cut down quite a bit due to some "offensive" lines. Trust me, they weren't near as offensive as I can get away with on h2g2, smiley - winkeye but offensive to some people none the less. Thanks for the wise advise, and if I ever feel a need to make other 'politically correct' lines in the future, I'll be sure I make it clear I'm very joking. Thanks for reading!

DZsmiley - planet


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for In Other Words

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more