A Conversation for The h2g2 Poem

Thought provoking...

Post 1

Terran

I found that a very interesting poem to read. One of my many gripes is that we live in a world where the media edits the "nasty" bits, so that we only see this fluffy world of make believe.

So when films like saving Private Ryan come out, we are shocked by the gruesomeness of it.

We all like to think of ourselves as arm chair strategists, but at the end of the day in war, real people die. And you can't censor death.

Good poem.


Thought provoking...

Post 2

The Pink Ferret (slightly fruity)

Thanks for your kind remarks. I've delt with the concept of media censoring before in a poem that was featured on a local radio arts programme. The main point I wanted to make in this poem was the way popular culture promotes war and fighting. You see so many films like "Terminator", etc, that promote killing and fighting, and then that glorification affects reality. For example, a shoot-em-up movie comes out which makes voilence look cool, and the next day I get beaten up for no reason.

It's not easy going aganst the flow......


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The h2g2 Poem

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more