A Conversation for Bungy jumping - a personal perspective

Lucky man...

Post 1

Avenging Washcloth, An unhurried sense of time is, in itself, a form of wealth.

Bungy jumping is something I've wanted to try for some time. Yours is the first personal description of the experience that I've found. Thank you. It was nearly like being there. I'll keep dreaming.

I'm living in and am from Canton, Ohio, USA. There isn't a good bridge to jump from around here...well, possibly over the highway, but that would be fatal.

Recently, I took a helicopter ride over Niagara Falls. I was surprised that I wasn't a bit nervous before the flight. Their helicopter service hasn't had an accident since it started forty years ago...so what was there to worry about? Up there, seated next to the pilot, the view was awesome. I could see all the way to Toronto and across both Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. Whee! Couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Oh well, this was a small highlight in an otherwise monotonous life.

Jumping off a high bridge to rocks below would get my adrenaline moving. I'd be quivering like a bucket of Jello, regardless of the safety record. You were very brave.

I hope to visit New Zealand someday...or even stay, if they'd let me. There's one problem though, according to your NZ immigration standards, I'd have to demonstrate my ability to communicate in English. Quite impossible.

Envying you,
Mary
smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more