A Conversation for the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Vegetables

What is life?

Post 1

Vestboy II not playing the Telegram Game at U726319

This is most agreeable.
Modern medicine has changed as a result of the activity - or lack of it - of some "worms"
Apparently there are some worms in a desert somewhere that totally dry out and can be crumbled like dust. However, if you don't crumble them like dust - resist the temptation, put that dried worm down Smithers - and add some water they come back to life. What were they when they were dried?

The change this has had to modern medicine is that insulin had to be kept in very special storage conditions including refrigeration which meant great problems for the treatment of diabetics and their ability to travel.

Nowadays learning what they have from the dried worms they now have an insulin which can be reconstituted. Fantastic!


What is life?

Post 2

Jerms - a Brief flicker and then gone again.

Interesting!

I'll have to find out a bit more about that sometime...

I'nt this world weird?! smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more