A Conversation for The h2g2 Formula One Supporters' Club

Post & Discuss F1 News Here!

Post 121

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

I did see something about it in The Sun, I have to say I really can't see it happening, but....


Post & Discuss F1 News Here!

Post 122

fords - number 1 all over heaven

It probably is a hoax but in a way I can also see it being true...he's a lawyer by trade, course he's into kinky stuff - they all are! smiley - tongueout


Post & Discuss F1 News Here!

Post 123

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7324236.stm

"Motorsport boss Max Mosley has been advised not to travel to this weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix in the wake of allegations about his private life.

"Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone told the Times the Bahraini royal family "wouldn't like" the president of governing body the FIA to attend."

Regardless of whether it's true or not, surely his position is now untenable?


Post & Discuss F1 News Here!

Post 124

fords - number 1 all over heaven

I think he should do the decent thing. If he's into kinky stuff that's fine, but for him to be seen engaging in *that* sort of kinky fantasy it just brings F1 into even more disrepute. So much for him trying to stamp out racism!


Post & Discuss F1 News Here!

Post 125

ultrapete

well what a supprise

look who is the first person to Support old Max.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=34537


Post & Discuss F1 News Here!

Post 126

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Why am I not surprised smiley - rolleyes


Post & Discuss F1 News Here!

Post 127

Yvonne aka india

Hi there, only just found this group and threads; anyone mind if I ask a question?

What is the reasoning behind the current qualifying format, a knock-out system over three rounds? This might favour the stronger teams, I don't know for sure. However, it does rule out the possibility of one (?minor) driver putting in a stunning lap time just before the end of the single qualifying session, thus upsetting the assumed grid layout and causing the other teams to rethink tactics. I think Barrichello did this a few seasons back.

Any thoughts welcome, cheers.


Post & Discuss F1 News Here!

Post 128

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

I think it allows the slower teams to add more fuel to their cars, thus allowing them to go further into the race before needing to pit.


smiley - cheers


Post & Discuss F1 News Here!

Post 129

Yvonne aka india

I think I get it. smiley - cheers The teams in the last round have to start the race with the fuel they have left after finishing qualifying. Thus have the disadvantage of having to pit sooner in the race. Is that it?

Since wet races seem to be more entertaining, my other half suggested "trackside sprinklers to randomly spray water onto the tarmac, to add interest"? Could be a bit tricky in Monaco, though.


Post & Discuss F1 News Here!

Post 130

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7534890.stm

"Schumacher crash stuns car dealer

"A Kent car dealer who was sent flying when a van struck a barrier was shocked to discover the driver was the German ex-Formula 1 ace, Michael Schumacher."

No doubt Ferrari will be taking the car dealer to court and demanding all his points be deducted for next season. smiley - evilgrin


Key: Complain about this post