A Conversation for The Feline and Fiddle

The worst is over

Post 241

AEndr, The Mad Hatter

He was born in England.
Critical as in his clothes aren't smart enough, his girlfriend isn't pretty enough, he's too thin, she hasn't enough/too much jewellery on (I don't know how they got to the latter as I don't wear ANY jewellery), she didn't polish his shoes or iron his trousers (as if!)


The worst is over

Post 242

McKay The Disorganised

Ah - In-laws without the marriage.

A smiley - stiffdrink and a smiley - rose I think.

smiley - cheers

smiley - cider


The worst is over

Post 243

AEndr, The Mad Hatter

His actual parents are lovely, it's the nth cousins removed that are a little harder to get along with.

Slainte (_)


The worst is over

Post 244

McKay The Disorganised

Locheim

smiley - empty

Barman !

Same again.


Holidays

Post 245

wimblin

smiley - redwine please barman. Another Bank Holiday and the weather is looking terrible for Monday. Probably just stay in, I was going to pay a visit to the local West Indian Carnival on Monday but as the weather is looking downright doubtful I'll keep myself away from the great outdoors.


Holidays

Post 246

Serephina

'needs a large smiley - stiffdrink'


Holidays

Post 247

McKay The Disorganised

Well at least I'm avoiding all the festivities this time - I'm working nights.

smiley - cider


Holidays

Post 248

DonQuixotic

It's Memorial Day Weekend here in the US. It rained hard last night and may campers had to drive back into town.


Holidays

Post 249

AEndr, The Mad Hatter

yay! I get an extra day off this bank holiday weekend (for the Queen's Birthday)

but I get to spend it filling in boring forms and spending lots of money on submitting my th*s*s corrections.


Holidays

Post 250

wimblin

I only thought it was Civil Service type people who got the Queens Birthday as a holiday.

smiley - cider please barman.

I took me boy to the barbers to get his hair cut. What ya all get up to?


Holidays

Post 251

AEndr, The Mad Hatter

I am a civil service type person. I work at the Met Office, which is part of the MOD and Civil Service.


Holidays

Post 252

wimblin

Me other half had the extra day as well. He's not civil service but it's a hang over from days when his workplace was run by civil servants. As if he doesn't get enough holiday already!!

smiley - cheers


Holidays

Post 253

McKay The Disorganised

Don't believe it saw a smiley - xmastree for sale yesterday - a metal one with holders for tea-lights.

Well that's me back in here for 4 months.

BARMAN !

smiley - cider


Holidays

Post 254

AEndr, The Mad Hatter

I must apologise, I went and bought a present yesterday too. Although, I could say it's for my mother's birthday, as I'm undecided which; it usually depends on if I spot something more birthdayey/****ey. She was born on the 23rd December - rather close to that commercialised unspeakableness.


Holidays

Post 255

McKay The Disorganised

Betrayed by my own wife smiley - wah She went out and bought tickets for the pantomime today.






smiley - cider




(Oh yes she did.)


Holidays

Post 256

Menza

And it starts again for another year. Just been into a shop whose "seasonal decoration" department was selling lots of red and green stuff. I feel the depression setting in already.


Holidays

Post 257

McKay The Disorganised

*Starts getting seats out of storage for the regulars*

Checks the stocks of smiley - ale and smiley - cider pours smiley - stiffdrink and disconnects door-bell to discourage people singing certain types of songs for money.

*Puts new bowl of black and whie mints with toffee centres on the bar.*

smiley - cider


Holidays

Post 258

Menza

And now the Supermarket is selling crackers. Already.

*Starts pouring many smiley - stout*


Holidays

Post 259

Serephina

*needs a 'very' large smiley - stiffdrink* smiley - sadface


Holidays

Post 260

Menza

*Pours many smiley - stiffdrink into a large \________/*

Here you go.


Key: Complain about this post