A Conversation for Unfinished Business of the Century
Sorcerer Posted Sep 30, 1999
You sadistic bastard. BTW should it be pronounced TWOE? (to rhyme)
Mrs Cake Posted Oct 1, 1999
Sadistic, me? Never. I wouldn't do it, I can't stand the sight of polyester stuffing.
Was it supposed to rhyme? The old line didn't.
Mrs Cake Posted Oct 7, 1999
So it does. Maybe we could pronounce doh as do, then it'd rhyme. Otherwise I've got to think of a new line about half a tellytubby that ends in toe.
Sorcerer Posted Oct 8, 1999
I was talking to The Jester, not you. I'm sure you're a lovely woman.
The Cow Posted Oct 8, 1999
Being serious for a attosecond [10e-18s], isn't la a place holder itself? What do you sing when you don't know the words? La la la ... :o)
Mrs Cake Posted Oct 8, 1999
Of course I'm a lovely woman. I help old ladies across the road, and find the parents of lost children.
Actually, I've never done either of those things, but I'm sure I would if the opportunity ever arose. And I wasn't in a hurry. And there was a financial incentive. Then I would. Probably. Maybe.
Actually, after giving the matter some thought, I don't think I'm lovely in that sense at all. I'd much rather chop a tellytubby in two than help an old lady across the road, stuffing or not.
Red van Dryfer Posted Oct 8, 1999
Actually, I once found the children of a missing parent.
Which was nice.
Frizzychick Posted Oct 8, 1999
In that case the original line is probably quite clever - La is a sort of note (it is sung instead of a word, making it little more than just a note) and the line does rhyme and scan and everything else expected of it.
If we are going to be picky - is a ray the same as a drop; me isn't technically a name ...
The Cow Posted Oct 11, 1999
There are three ways to make something rhyme:
1) change the first line
2) change the second line
3) change both lines
4) change all the lines so the whole thing doesn't rhyme.
Anonymouse Posted Oct 23, 1999
Darn.. And from the start of this thread I was hoping to point out what Cow just did. *drats*
But *perk* since you're bringing up things to pick on, even assuming drop and ray coincide and that pronouns can be used as names... We'd kinda have to change the spelling? I mean do isn't a female deer, that's a doe. So we'd have to use doe, ray (not re), me (not mi), far (not fa), sew (not so), la (okay, looks like that's the only one that -can- stand as is ), and tea (not ti).
Researcher 99219 Posted Nov 4, 1999
I suggest that....
Laa is half a friend of Po.....
Wyloom the Bold
Anonymouse Posted Nov 5, 1999
Cakewalker Posted Nov 7, 1999
Anonymouse Posted Nov 10, 1999
Key: Complain about this post
- 1: Mrs Cake (Sep 24, 1999)
- 2: The Jester (P. S. of Village Idiots, Muse of Comedians, Keeper of Jokes, Chef and Seraph of Bad Jokes) LUG @ A458228 (Sep 30, 1999)
- 3: Sorcerer (Sep 30, 1999)
- 4: Mrs Cake (Oct 1, 1999)
- 5: The Jester (P. S. of Village Idiots, Muse of Comedians, Keeper of Jokes, Chef and Seraph of Bad Jokes) LUG @ A458228 (Oct 4, 1999)
- 6: Mrs Cake (Oct 7, 1999)
- 7: Sorcerer (Oct 8, 1999)
- 8: The Cow (Oct 8, 1999)
- 9: Mrs Cake (Oct 8, 1999)
- 10: Red van Dryfer (Oct 8, 1999)
- 11: Frizzychick (Oct 8, 1999)
- 12: The Cow (Oct 11, 1999)
- 13: Cakewalker (Oct 22, 1999)
- 14: Anonymouse (Oct 23, 1999)
- 15: Researcher 99219 (Nov 4, 1999)
- 16: The Cow (Nov 5, 1999)
- 17: Anonymouse (Nov 5, 1999)
- 18: The Cow (Nov 5, 1999)
- 19: Cakewalker (Nov 7, 1999)
- 20: Anonymouse (Nov 10, 1999)