A Conversation for Motorbikes

motorbikes

Post 1

Antipodean Grease Monkey

Sad, it is to me, that an organisation that models itself after a tome containing such exqusite moments of joy as the descriptions of Knopfler's playing ability ( I know he's considered a subject of historical fun by some, but have a listen, the man knows what he's doing around a guitar) should take on board only the more unfortunate aspects of motorcycle operation. From a nation that invented 'Dance sport', surely a more understanding, or atleast balanced, view could be expected.
My point; (cheers already? Ta!) is that I am, by most standards, a tad elephantine, with an equal measure of pachydermic grace, yet, on many a Sunday, (or Tuesday, if I can't be bothered going to work), I am a hundred mile per hour ballet dancer. I am smooth, I am graceful, I am poetry in motion.
If everybody did it, I'd flog my bike off in a heartbeat, but no-one who does it would've written that...not even in England...where God invented motorcycles first, and then gave you that climate in the hopes of keeping them all for himself..
Not snowing, must ride now, Dave...


motorbikes

Post 2

BadZen

Eloquently said! smiley - biggrin

Would you like to join the club?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A724312

smiley - cheers
BadZen


motorbikes

Post 3

Antipodean Grease Monkey

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. Work, good weather, usual conspiracies. Would love to join the club. I always like to see what happens when you try to develop a collective group out of a bunch of people who do something that proclaims a strong sense of individuality. Best of Luck to you, I'm in.


motorbikes

Post 4

BadZen

smiley - cheers


motorbikes

Post 5

Eep

I know a fat b*****d with a motorbike. From a distance it looks like an ant carrying a peach. He enjoys himself though.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more