A Conversation for The Lady of the Lake

Nice Article

Post 1

Wolfman, Zaphodista :X (soon to be Zarquon again, or maybe not)

That's an interesting story. I've never heard it before. Any relation to King Arthur's Lady of the Lake? You asked for constructive criticism, so here goes: I think you should include more historical context if possible, (evolution of the legend through the years, and relation to events and culture of the time, stuff like that) and then you could submit it to the h2g2 Historical Society and get some instant recognition while you're waiting for "approval". But it's a nice article anyway. I enjoyed reading it.


Nice Article

Post 2

$u$

Thanks Zarquon.smiley - smiley

The library didn't turn up anything useful as far as the history of this story goes. The Arthurian 'Lady of the Lake' is probably what most people would be led to think of, but I don't think there's any connection.

I think it dates to the middle ages, but I don't have anything definitive on that. Wales is a place of many fascinating legends, and whatever many people many think of 'myths', there is generally some basis in fact, however corrupted the story may have become in it's passing down over the years. I expect to write some more guide entries on these legends.

I'm working on a companion entry on 'Myddfai' which is connected to this story, as well as having several legends of it's own. I'd also like to get some up-to-date factual info, to make the 'definitive' entry.

~A~


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Lady of the Lake

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more