A Conversation for Spoof Wars: Return of the Parody

Edited Guide Writing Workshop: A14569716 - The Spoof game

Post 1

Br. Megachedda-I've found my apostrophe key!!!

Entry: The Spoof game - A14569716
Author: Megachedda-The Ever Changing Moniker - U4934604

Yeah hi this is my first attempt at writing for the EG and would like some help.


A14569716 - The Spoof game

Post 2

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

"Winning is accomplished after: A)A set time is expired, or B)One person quits."

Surely you win when *everyone* else quits? Or, if you play for a set time (or, until inturrupted by a parent or teacher or whatever), how do you decide who wins? Or does it not matter? It's not actually a game, as such, is it? It's just a way to have fun, but there's no scorecard. At least, I can't imagine it with a scorecard. I suppose you could play it competitively.

TRiG.smiley - smiley


A14569716 - The Spoof game

Post 3

Br. Megachedda-I've found my apostrophe key!!!

When i wrote this i think i only had it in mind of two people playing this game but i suppose more people could play, although it does not mention an actual scorecard it does tell you how to keep score if you wanted to, as for the title, before this entry was written it didn`t have a name and the Spoof Game was the first thing that came to me, im open to suggestions about a name change though.And you are right i will cange that bit about one player losing to all other players quiting.


A14569716 - The Spoof game

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

This is a nice little Entry. I think it could probably become part of the Guide with a little tweaking.

I think you could think of a better name for the game. Try and come up with something that is actually a parody itself.

"dignity" doesn't seem to be quite the right word. Dignity is not something you get from other people, it is something you have yourself. I think "respect" or "kudos" might be the word you are looking for.

"a set time is expired" should be "a set time has expired"

smiley - smiley


A14569716 - The Spoof game

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

Sorry that nobody commented on your entry for so long by the way. There seem to be only a few of us who comment these days and we're hard pushed looking after the Edited Guide itself.


A14569716 - The Spoof game

Post 6

Br. Megachedda-I've found my apostrophe key!!!

Its okay, i dont mind as long s i get something, and i have.Ill just go and change these, literacy is not my strong point.


A14569716 - The Spoof game

Post 7

Br. Megachedda-I've found my apostrophe key!!!

<<<"a set time has expired">>>

Shouldn`t that be "THE set time has expired"?

Changes made and updated.


A14569716 - The Spoof game

Post 8

Br. Megachedda-I've found my apostrophe key!!!

How do i put this into Peer Review?


A14569716 - The Spoof game

Post 9

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

First you click the x next to your entry on the list of entries in the EGWW, to remove it from this workshop. Then go to edit your entry, and "simply click on the 'Submit for Review' button on the entry and follow the instructions, choosing 'Peer Review' from the drop-down menu".

smiley - cheersvp


A14569716 - The Spoof game

Post 10

Br. Megachedda-I've found my apostrophe key!!!

smiley - ta


Key: Complain about this post