A Conversation for Smallfield, Surrey, UK

Smallfield Place,Burstow,Surrey

Post 1

Researcher 222268

I have just recently purchased a print of a gentleman called Thomas Hooker (possibly THE Thomas Hooker)sitting in front of a grand house - supposedly Smallfield Place, does anybody have any information on this as I am interested.


Smallfield Place,Burstow,Surrey

Post 2

Charles

Thomas Hooker of Smallfield Place, Burstow was my great grandfather. I also have a rather faded copy of that print and have been looking both for the original oil portrait by Linnell (which surfaced briefly about 30-40 years ago, but I have not yet traced further) and any other copies of this print. I only know of one other in possession of a cousin.Thomas Hooker had several children, with the original portrait bequeathed to his eldest son (with a disregarded plea to keep it in the family) and I assume the younger children had copies of the print, as mine came down via my grandmother and great grandmother. The house still stands, though I don't think he actually owned it. Charles Turner - not sure how I actually contact you to give you more info.


Key: Complain about this post

Smallfield Place,Burstow,Surrey

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more