A Conversation for Smudger Snippets

Wake up and smell the Bread!

Post 1

Websailor

Well it makes a change from coffee.smiley - smiley

Smudger, the smells of new bread, coffee and newly mown grass transport me back in time too. Memory is a wonderful and mysterious thing, and the brain a stunning piece of equipment!

When you think of all the thing stored there, voluntarily and involuntarily, it is really amazing. It is good to remember, but my parents, after a certain age, seemed to live entirely in the past and I think that is dangerous.

We need to keep a grip on the present, and save the memories, like a box of chocs., as something to look forward to when times are difficult.

smiley - cheers

Websailorsmiley - dragon


Wake up and smell the Bread!

Post 2

Smudger879n

Yea! WS, I know what your saying, but have you ever noticed that its only the good memories your brain hangs on to, the bad ones seem to be put aside altogethersmiley - erm

I think that's why there are large chunks of my childhood that I simply can not remember.
smiley - cheersSmudger,


Wake up and smell the Bread!

Post 3

Websailor

'Fraid it isn't the case with me. The bad memories come back too, sometimes brought back by the sound of my own voice, which on occasion echoes my mother's smiley - yikessmiley - grr Sometimes it is a sound or something on the TV or radio that triggers something.

At least we do have some good memories, which can't be said for everyone. Hope all is well with you and Mark ll at the moment. Do keep in touch.

smiley - cheers

Websailorsmiley - dragon


Wake up and smell the Bread!

Post 4

Smudger879n

I still do get some bad ones WS, but I don't allow them to linger long in my mindsmiley - erm Like you say its certain things that trigger them off, with me its watching violence to kids on TV.
smiley - cheersSmudger,


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Smudger Snippets

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more