Perennial Return to Alton Towers 2004

6 Conversations

Prepare for PRAT!

Assume The Position!

It's never too early to start planning the next Alton Towers meet!smiley - winkeye

Right, off we go then

Where and When?

This year's PRAT will happen on the weekend of 1st - 3rd of October. If you can't make the whole weekend, you are welcome to join us for the day.

Due to the later date chosen for PRAT 2004, some researchers have booked cottages. There are still a couple of cottages1 left on the same complex, so if you are interested, please email us and we will send you details2. There are many other cottages, hotels and B&Bs available in the area, so you could find your own alternative accommodation if you don't want to brave the October conditions in your tent! smiley - brr

In the past we have camped at The Star Camping & Caravan Park, but there seems to be some changes at the campsite (and local pub) which are less than ideal. However, the Star Campsite is still the closest (within walking distance) to Alton Towers, and there is a bus service from Stoke. Please contact the campsite direct if you wish to camp there.

The Star also have static caravans on site, which may be available for booking, so this is an alternative you may want to think about. Information & booking forms can be found on the Star's website.

Another local camping and caravan site (10 minutes drive to AT) which you could consider3 is Quarry Walk Park. Other local accommodation options can be found on the ADAPT Website.

Meeting Up

Unless you already have the mobile phone number for at least one or two researchers on the Confirmed Attendees list below, you will need to email us a mobile phone number on which you can be contacted during the meet weekend. We will mail you a couple of contact numbers in return. We have found this to be a most successful method of not losing people at previous meets!

We will meet each morning at the corner coffee house4, which is just inside the main entrance5. smiley - cappuccino

Finding out about The Towers

You can check out Alton Towers Official Website,

the Alton Towers Almanac, have all the insider info on what's going on,

or see what BBC Stoke & Staffordshire have to say.

Getting There

This map shows the Alton Towers area. The Star campsite is just below a place called Cotton, and the Olde Star pub is literally just south-west of the campsite.

For anyone travelling by rail, a list of local stations is shown in the left hand box of this link, but the main rail and bus stations are at Stoke-on-Trent.

There is a bus service available, offering a service from Stoke Station to the Star Pub. Use this site for journey planing, closer to the expected time of travel. Choose the Stoke link, your journey will probably be from 'Stoke Station', the final destination is 'Cotton', you want to get off at the 'Star Inn'6.

Other Stuff

You can find out more about last year's meet here.

We recommend that you order a Staffordshire brochure, which contains a BOGOF voucher to get your second day in the Towers for free7.

Got more questions? Mail us.smiley - cheers

Bring a rubber duckie!

The log flume has been totally redesigned for this year, with a very DNA-Captain of the B-Ark theme8, so don't forget to bring your favourite bathtime companion.

Ooh ducky!

One's never alone with a rubber duck

The peeps who - like that bloke from Del Monte - they say "Yes!"

Confirmed Attendees

Possible Attendees

Can't make it this year

1Each sleeping 3 people.2You will need to book and pay for the cottages yourselves.3We haven't been there, so can't comment on suitability.4Times to be agreed.5Walk down the right-hand side of the fountains, and you can't miss it!6If you have booked yourself in at the Star Campsite.7Each voucher is valid for up to two people.8ie. bathtime!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1301031

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more