A Conversation for Mirror Matter: The Invisible Universe

Peer Review: A1164052 - Mirror Matter

Post 1

Baryonic Being - save GuideML out of a word-processor: A7720562

Entry: Mirror Matter - A1164052
Author: Baryonic Being - U234603

Please tell me your thoughts, comments, questions, queries and suggestions about this entry. It is just over 2000 words.

Thank you.


A1164052 - Mirror Matter

Post 2

Gubernatrix

Hi, think you may have scared people away.smiley - winkeye

I know next to nothing about particle physics but I did find this entry a very interesting read. You've pitched it at the right level and I like your writing style.

You might need to add some explanation in the title. I'd heard of 'dark matter' but not 'mirror matter' so I had no idea what the entry was going to be about.

The other thing I would say is that it does read a bit like one bloke's crazy theory of the universe - Robert Foot's, I mean. How seriously is this theory taken?


A1164052 - Mirror Matter

Post 3

Iridium

Made onto BBCi news last year

smiley - scientist


A1164052 - Mirror Matter

Post 4

Iridium

hi Baryonic Being

Is that you Saibal?


A1164052 - Mirror Matter

Post 5

Gubernatrix

I'm not sure that's quite what I mean. Journalists will write anything, given a slow day and an off-the-wall press release.


A1164052 - Mirror Matter

Post 6

Iridium

A Sci-Finder search came up with 55 papers directly dealing with it and a further 200 or so mentioning it so it's kinda well documented. I'm a member of a yahoo group with one of the leading researchers in the area. I know what you mean though, some science that gets into the tabloid news is rubbish but a lot of it in more reputable press is based on a Nature publications or from a press release if a given journal thinks the research is hot enough. A guy in our office had his work on BBCi/news/health a couple of weeks ago and that really is good work.

smiley - scientist


A1164052 - Mirror Matter

Post 7

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Would this make us a bi-verse rather than a universe, BB?

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote


A1164052 - Mirror Matter

Post 8

weberquetzal

Great entry!

Very interesting and seems to be really comprehensive to me (who knows little about the subject!).

The things that mirror matter could solve are fascinating. Another whole Earth might exist with lots of mirror copies of everyone. Really incredible!
smiley - ok

wq


A1164052 - Mirror Matter

Post 9

Baryonic Being - save GuideML out of a word-processor: A7720562

Thank you for all of your feedback! I have now altered the beginning of the entry slightly so that it tries to be more clear about the subject matter, and attempts to draw the reader in to the rest of it. However, I am not sure of what to change the title to if it should need such changing.

Could it be something such as 'Mirror Matter: Is Half of The Universe Beyond Our Detection?', 'A Candidate for The Nature of Dark Matter', 'The Invisible Universe' or 'Co-Inhabiting Mirror Universe'?

The idea does not come solely from Robert Foot, however. It was first explored by the Chinese-American physicists mentioned near the start, and Robert Foot was working with Sergei Gninenko too.

Does anybody know how to stop the entry from scrolling further across the page in the Classic Goo skin?

Thank you.


A1164052 - Mirror Matter

Post 10

Baryonic Being - save GuideML out of a word-processor: A7720562

As to the universe being a bi-verse instead, this is probably a good description of the theory. It has been suggested that we live in a binary star system, so that as well as the Sun there is another star made of mirror matter!


A1164052 - Mirror Matter

Post 11

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

My entry on Human Design refers to our having a bi-verse as opposed to a universe. smiley - cool

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote


A1164052 - Mirror Matter

Post 12

Gubernatrix

Clearly it's Dust...


A1164052 - Mirror Matter

Post 13

Baryonic Being - save GuideML out of a word-processor: A7720562

Is the entry ready for the edited guide? Is Mirror Matter: The Invisible Universe a good enough title? Should the entry be shortened?

Thanks.


A1164052 - Mirror Matter

Post 14

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

I think it's ready.smiley - smiley Patience. Things are taking much longer to be processed after being recommended these days. Maybe after Monday, things will be back to their usual smoothness.

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 15

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 16

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

As I said ... smiley - whistle Congratulations, BB, on a lovely entry.

smiley - bubbly

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 17

Baryonic Being - save GuideML out of a word-processor: A7720562

Thank you very much again. smiley - biggrin
This is the third entry of mine going through the editorial process! I never realised what a rewarding experience it is. I really do enjoy writing these entries.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 18

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

We need entries of this calibre. It was a pleasure to recommend.

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote


Key: Complain about this post