A Conversation for The Forum

The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9681

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

Well I can't imagine any mechanism by which it might. Until I see soldiers in blue berets gunning down blasphemers...I think I'll stay relaxed.

(and even then...if they make as good a job of preventing offences against the name of The Prophet as they did protecting the citizens of Srebrenica and Kigale...)


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9682

HonestIago

>>Yup, correct and it gives Arab/Islamic states more strength.<<

To do what? Oppress their own people? It's safe to say they've got that one sorted without/in spite of the UN.

Have they got any power over us? Not one iota.


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9683

anhaga

A UN resolution must be ratified by the government of each member state before it becomes a law binding on the government and citizens of that state.smiley - erm


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9684

Alfster

HonestIago. <>>Yup, correct and it gives Arab/Islamic states more strength.<<

To do what? Oppress their own people? It's safe to say they've got that one sorted without/in spite of the UN.

Have they got any power over us? Not one iota.>

You can get 'power' by simply shouting foul everytime someone says something 'bad' about you i.e. what htey have done to the comissioner for freedom of speech.

Simple look at the Politically Correct movement over here telling people they can't use certain words as it might be offensive to certain groups. For one: brainstorm in some places (local government/NHS/creeping into private business (because HR have been to a conference where public sector HR people have told them it offensive) is now replaced with the word 'thought-shower'. This is because it might be offensive to epileptics (or 'people who suffer from epilepsy - since calling them epileptics 'defines' them by the problem rather than by 'who they are'.

The fact that both Epilepsy Action and the National Society for Epilepsy say it isn't offensive doesn't seem to matter. People won't now use it is there's a chance HR could find out and discipline them. HR have unwittingly controlled the use of a word and the thoughts of people, if only milded, around a certain idea.

And meet, Brainstorm The Bear.

http://brainstormbear-ivil.tripod.com/id1.html


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9685

taliesin

Meanwhile, pardon me while I throw up in my mouth a little bit...

smiley - ill

"It was an honour to meet Pope Benedict and hear his perspective on a number of important issues, including human rights and an ethical response to the global economic crisis.."

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/07/11/harper-pope.html


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9686

anhaga

I'm surprised the old boy allowed Harper in after the cracker desecration the other day.smiley - erm


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9687

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

The last two pages of this thread have put me on a right old downer. smiley - sadface

How long have we got until the sun goes pop?


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9688

taliesin

Far too long, my friend. Far too long smiley - sadface

Anyway, smiley - cheerup

Flowers still bloom. Birds sing. The rivers flow.

And there's always beer smiley - ale

smiley - cheers


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9689

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

Ah yeah, smiley - ale.

You know how to cheer a chap up. smiley - smiley

smiley - cheers


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9690

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

>>Simple look at the Politically Correct movement over here

There's a Politically Correct movement? How do I join? Will I get a badge?


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9691

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Taliesin: Meanwhile, pardon me while I throw up in my mouth a little bit...

The barmaid threw up too.

http://www.jesusandmo.net/2009/07/09/mouth/

(This page, and no other on that site, is blocked by my Internet filter. It is, apparently, occult.)

TRiG.smiley - weird


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9692

Alfster

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/5845658/The-notion-of-a-right-to-a-good-death-undermines-society.html


"The notion of a right to a 'good death' undermines society
If my life has no objective value, then why should anyone else care for it, asks Vincent Nichols Archbishop of Westminster"

"We have seen a significant defeat in Parliament for proposals to legalise assisted suicides, and learnt of the joint suicides at the Dignitas apartment in Switzerland of the eminent conductor Sir Edward Downes, and his wife, Lady Downes. While there are many ethical, medical and legal issues surrounding assisted suicide, at its heart lies the notion that we have an absolute moral entitlement to have whatever kind of death we choose."

****** "This is surely the triumph of the philosophy that proclaims individual rights above all other considerations and the relativist insistence that what is good is a matter of personal judgment."*****


Read the comments and you will find most people disagree with him...this is what I have written in a number of places...(condolences accepted!)

While listening to the news that conductor Sir Edward Downes, and his wife had ended their lives with dignity and at a time of their choosing I found out my gran had 'finally' died after 4 weeks of rotting away from cancer.

In the BBC news piece on the conductor etc some woman from 'Dying with Dignity' says assisted suicide is a slippery slope blah blah and along with all the other people saying 'green light to killing people blah blah' I suddenly realised that I know now the face of, and the definition of, 'pure evil'...and it starts with people believing they can control the destiny and free-will of others by forcing their personal beliefs onto others through law...especially when they know people will die in pain, without a shred of dignity left and with no control over their own destiny.

How can you die with dignity when the only way to control pain is to be pumped full of drugs, lie in bed all day, feel your body rotting away from the inside, knowing exactly what is happening, and then at some point your mind starts to give up, slipping in and out of a coma(my gran didn't talk to my parents for 4 days even though they were there), becoming doubly incontinent and simply waiting to die while your famaily watches you and suffers the pain of you losing your dignity(my grandmother would probably have died from shame had she realised what she looked lilke and what was happening to her), your self-worth, realising that the person isn;t really there and just waiting for the body to die after the mind has been gone for sometime.

When people *know* that this is what happens when someone has such cancers and yet they are quite willing and happy for people to suffer lilke that than that is evil.

Murderers normally have mental problems or 'lose' it at some point when they commit such crimes and we call them 'evil' and yet these people who stop everyone else controlling their destiny and creating untold needless suffering do so 'rationally', clearly, with conviction and do not seem to care that they are implicitly involved in creating pain and suffering for people they do not know...that, for me is PURE EVIL.

Magnus Magnesson's family said the worst thing about his dying from prostate cancer was the total and utter loss of any shred of dignity one has. So the anti-euthansia group called 'Dying with Dignity' is really a load of rubbish.

And it's not a reaction from my grandma dying that I have said all this as I have always thought it...apart from realising the fact that it defines 'pure evil' which was the revelation from the past few weeks.

So, whenever you see someone saying that euthansia should never be allowed...look on the face of evil.

Many people have the same story as mine above.

I do not want my destiny and have the end of my life controlled by people whose views are based on believing in mythical beings.

I also think these people, who MUST know what people go through at the end of their lives, must reassess their humanity as I cannot comprehend that supposedly caring people would allow people they have never met, who they have nothing invested in them would allow them to suffer...and hence I am not sure this Bishop knows what humanity is.

It is Church-sponsored torture.


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9693

swl

smiley - applause


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9694

Tumsup

Let me second that. smiley - applause

One of the big reasons that I had for rejecting religion was seeing that the ostensibly religious were more often motivated by a personal need to control the lives of others, then claiming "It's not My will but God's will" As though there was a difference.


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9695

Tumsup



Let's no forget the sainted 'Mother' Theresa who wouldn't allow anything that would ease the suffering of those in her 'care'. She just didn't call it sadism. The pleasure that she felt, she insisted, was god's love flowing through her.smiley - rolleyes


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9696

Frank Parker

Another (hand clapping smiley, if I could find it!), standing.


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9697

Alfster

Having kept up with the comments on the Torygraph piece by the Bishop people are really bashing him.

It does show how out of step both 'the Church' and government are on the subject of euthanasia.

I am glad to see more people saying how inhumane it is. We can only hope that the tide will turn and it will be viewed that people who have this stance are seen as inhumane control freaks. But I doubt it would bother them as they wouldn't be able to see what others are getting at so sure of they that their god exists and it is up to him to decide our time of death.


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9698

Pit - ( Carpe Diem - Stay in Bed )

"control freaks" 3Dots, that´s a very precise definition of the **** ******s.


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9699

Alfster

Yes, Pit, you are correct...although there aren't that many asterixs in:

****s smiley - winkeye


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 9700

Pit - ( Carpe Diem - Stay in Bed )

Sorry, 3Dots - my personal record of being yikesed by the hootoo MM robot is three times in a row, so I try to misspell even my asterwotsits. And as to PC, Church in general, Bigots United...this thread won´t wither I fear.smiley - wahandsmiley - cheers


Key: Complain about this post