Smudger Snippets

2 Conversations

I suppose it's because I have so much time on my hands these days, that all these memories come flooding back to me.

Wondered

Have you ever walked the same route to work every day and then one day noticed a tree you never knew was there? Or you're driving the same old road twice a day for months, then suddenly you notice a building that stands out from the rest?

It happens with people too! For example, you could be working with a colleague for a long time then, out of the blue, you see them in a different light. You see a part of them you never knew they had, or you find you have something in common that was hidden all that time. It can also work in the reverse as well. For example, you can live with a person for years, then find out one day that you dont even like them. Or you notice a bad side of them that you thought they never had after all that time. We tend to take people for granted once we have been around them for a while. We stop buying that single rose on the way home from work or we go for days on end and never tell them that they are loved.

If someone you were really close to had an accident or died, you would feel guilty for not having told them your true feelings before you lost them. You would wrack your brain trying to remember the last time you really showed them that you cared.You would have to live with that guilt for a long time, and yet it would have been so much simpler to tell them when they were alive.

You could be sitting at home one evening watching TV; your eyes would catch your partner and you would notice something you never saw before. Or you get that shudder down your spine of contentment and love - that's the time you should put your feelings into action, go and give your partner a hug, and tell them that you love them. OK you might feel a bit silly, especially after all those years, but at least you will have shared that magic moment that no one can take away. It will be a lasting memory that will stay with you for years to come and, at the very least, you will have shown your feelings when it counted! It never costs you much, and no one saw you, yet that little cuddle can make so much difference in the way you feel.

It's like being out together shopping or whatever and you reach out to hold hands while you cross the road; you're showing concern for your partners' safety. At the same time you're telling the world that what you have is special and you're not ashamed to show it. Why is it us humans are really good at showing anger and hatred towards each other, when it is easier to show love?

Smudger Snippets Archive

Smudger

14.08.03 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A1144027

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more