A Conversation for The Village de la Vavoom's Second Annual Harvest Festival 2003

The Cake Competition Tent

Post 21

Z

Well I've got all the ingredients for a cheesecake and have made the base, (I'm sorry I was at sainsburys when Shazz posted her recipe) but apparently I need to whip some cream, I have a fork or a ballon whisk. Which should I use and what do I do?


The Cake Competition Tent

Post 22

Post Team

Balloon whick is better... and keep going until it is stiff! smiley - winkeye

shazz smiley - thepost


The Cake Competition Tent

Post 23

Post Team

Whick smiley - doh = whisk smiley - ok

shazz smiley - thepost


The Cake Competition Tent

Post 24

Post Team

Then fork it over the base and put in the fridge to set a little - or eat immediately! smiley - drool

Only add a little sugar if you must - I much prefer a 'natural' fresh cream taste!

shazz smiley - thepost


The Cake Competition Tent

Post 25

Z

smiley - erm Oh dear. I didn't realise whipped cream was supposed to be stiff, and it said "lightly whipped" it so I whipped it until there were lots of bubbles but it was still rather liquidy. In fact now I've mixed it with the condensed milk and put in on the base it's still rather liquid.

I thought it would stiffen when it was in the frige for two hours.


Z (a culinary disaster!)


The Cake Competition Tent

Post 26

Post Team

smiley - yikes

I am sure that, with the addition of condensed milk, it will stiffen enough to be edible!

If not, it will still taste great even if it is a bit on the soggy side! smiley - drool

shazz smiley - thepost


The Cake Competition Tent

Post 27

Z

Well true and I have some glace cherries and chocolate sauce..
I'm just not sure that cheese cakes are meant be eaten with a spoon, unless you're the common type who eats all smiley - cake with a spoon. Well my Gran says that they're common!..



humm a smiley - spork may well be needed I think...


The Cake Competition Tent

Post 28

frenchbean

I love recipes Shazz: but most of mine use a 'dollop of this' and a 'handful of that', which isn't terribly easy to define!

I'll give it a go for smiley - thepost recipes soon, but I've got a magnum opus on breadmaking on the go at the moment. I'll get that out of the way and into peer review first.

smiley - cheers
F/b


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more