A Conversation for Styrene

Peer Review: A1139221 - Styrene

Post 1

The Noble Robot

Entry: Styrene - A1139221
Author: The Noble Robot - U226655

Hello, I am submitting my lengthy toxicological report on the chemical Styrene for peer review.

I think there are only three jokes in the whole thing.

I am sorry that it is not written in GuideML.

nr.


A1139221 - Styrene

Post 2

FordsTowel

Wow, that is a lengthy piece!

Other than style issues, like all the phrases starting with 'Styrene is ...", I did notice something odd.

You first describe Styrene as a liquid, but proceed to talk about its use in producing solid products that evaporate, and that Styrene is a by-product of the production of the solid styrene products.

You may want to make it more clear when you are talking about Styrene the product (as liquid or solid), and the by-product as a Styrene liquid or gas.

Seems that this may be an important point for the reader.

Good luck with the entry.
smiley - towel



A1139221 - Styrene

Post 3

The Noble Robot

I have updated the entry to fix a few errors and to format it in GuideML.

Has anybody else noticed that you can't use the "&" symbol in a GuideML entry?


A1139221 - Styrene

Post 4

The Noble Robot

I apologize for Styrene being so boring but I would like a few more comments...

smiley - biggrin

thanks,

nr.

Oh, I figured out the "&" thing... smiley - smiley


A1139221 - Styrene

Post 5

Sea Change

What does Styrene typically turn into when it breaks down (in each case)?

In one instance you have put quote marks around 'non-sigificant' and in others you have not. How about an explanation of what non-significant means in each context?

This article reads rather wobbly, in that it seems you are saying something, and then it seems you are saying something else quite contrary. Is this because you are repeating for thoroughness' and accuracy's sake what is known and written by others? If this is the case, you could specify who, or more clearly delineate by groups who-all these folks are and why they might hold these opinions.


A1139221 - Styrene

Post 6

Researcher PSG

I think the first section would benefit from the properties of Styrene being seperated out into a table of some description, trying to include them in the first paragraph just seems to lead to alot of short statement sentance.

Just a thoughtsmiley - smiley

Researcher PSG


A1139221 - Styrene

Post 7

Researcher PSG

I think the first section would benefit from the properties of Styrene being seperated out into a table of some description, trying to include them in the first paragraph just seems to lead to alot of short statement sentance.

Just a thoughtsmiley - smiley

Researcher PSG


A1139221 - Styrene

Post 8

Cyzaki

The author has left the building - is this flea market material, do we think?

smiley - panda


A1139221 - Styrene

Post 9

Geggs

I'm not sure.

Either FM or back to entry, but I can't decide which.


Geggs


A1139221 - Styrene

Post 10

Cyzaki

No, I wasn't sure either.

smiley - panda


A1139221 - Styrene

Post 11

GreyDesk

My vote is Flea Market.


A1139221 - Styrene

Post 12

Sea Change

I'm not a Scout, so I don't have a vote smiley - biggrin, but I think there is a lot of hard won material, facts and research in this article. I think it has several places that might serve as a strong foundation for a new article, and it deserves to be looked at by other interested people.


A1139221 - Styrene

Post 13

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

I'd say Flea Market. Shouldn't be too difficult to choose a more precise title, add a few words about why styrene is produced at all, add some more structure and break down the huge paragraphs.

Oh, and the fifth subheader should read 'How does Styrene *affect* human health?' smiley - whistle


smiley - cheers
Bossel


A1139221 - Styrene

Post 14

Mu Beta

This should be prime material for some of the scientists around here - it'd be a shame to see it go to waste.

It'd be worth noting, though, that styrene is in fact a deprecated name. I would prefer it to be known as octene.

B


A1139221 - Styrene

Post 15

Geggs

Looks like the concensus is for FM, then.


Geggs
*ducks in shop doorway to avoid the person following him*


A1139221 - Styrene

Post 16

GreyDesk

Haven't you heard? It's early closing on Thursday smiley - bigeyes


Seconded.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Styrene

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more