A Conversation for The University of Durham

Durham University

Post 1

David

Not a totally incorrect write up - especially re. the Southern Gits. But Durham Uni is only the third oldest university in England, there are about 3 or 4 older one's in Scotland.

Most interesting feature: Probably the hilliest University in the UK. OK there may be more interesting features than that.


Durham University

Post 2

Pete - Researcher: 119100.

Since when has Scotland been in England?
I'm sure that if you said that any Scottish university was part of England to a Scot,then you'd not make the same mistake twice...
Durham has got a very famous Cathedral. I think that's more interesting than the hills (although the priority willl change when drunk).


Durham University

Post 3

David

I didn't suggest that Scottish universities were in England. The original researcher stated that Durham was the 3rd oldest university in the UK - I was merely observing that it isn't, it is the 3rd oldest in England. In the UK there are at least four older universities, possibly more.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more