A Conversation for Official UnderGuide Miners' Survival Guide (UG)

U1248008-Tayler (Volunteer)

Post 1

Tayler ® BCB Editor



Dear Editors, I would like to become volunteer. I have become most interested in h2g2 and WW2 People's War and although being here for such a short amount of time, I know I am the right person for the job.

I'm not sure if someone has to have been on the site for a certain amount of time, but I promise you, if you give my a test trial, I will please you!smiley - smiley

Best wishes

Tayler ®


U1248008-Tayler (Volunteer)

Post 2

J

Howdy. smiley - smiley
I like the confidence in your post. You know you're the right man for the job! You promise me you will please me!
Well, I don't really *know* much of anything nowadays, so the confidence in you makes me confident in you.

Yes, I said that right...

Now, the first thing to do is to get into the alternative writing workshop <./>RF5</.>. Comment on some entries, maybe submit some fiction or creative writing pieces yourself. The second task is to familiarize yourself with the scheme. Usually, I send people to the <./>UnderGuide</.> page to start to sink their teeth into the meat of the UnderGuide. A few good entries to look through are A1092539 and the pages linked from it at the top. They give a general job description.

Now, it doesn't matter if you haven't been on site for too long, but let me know when you feel you're familiar with the UG and the Alternative Writing Workshop. Then we can move on to the next step. The fun part... smiley - evilgrin

Keep on truckin' smiley - cool

smiley - blacksheep


U1248008-Tayler (Volunteer)

Post 3

Mrs Zen

Woo Hoo! Hi there Taylor. The more the merrier. As the sheep says, the first part is to get stuck into reading and writing in <./>rf5</.>

Cheers!

Ben


U1248008-Tayler (Volunteer)

Post 4

Whisky

Don't hold your breath folks...


smiley - winkeye


U1248008-Tayler (Volunteer)

Post 5

Mrs Zen

smiley - huh

Why not?


U1248008-Tayler (Volunteer)

Post 6

Whisky

Look at the guy's home page, or lack of it... then at a few of the conversations... See if it rings any bells.


U1248008-Tayler (Volunteer)

Post 7

Mrs Zen

Well it looked like a bloke burbling on about WWII to me when I last looked at it, but I didn't lurk his convos.

Have we got someone playing silly-buggers? Who do you think it is? Drop me an email if you don't want to slander on site.

B


U1248008-Tayler (Volunteer)

Post 8

Whisky

mail on the way


U1248008-Tayler (Volunteer)

Post 9

Tayler ® BCB Editor



I am very sorry, but you are very rude and not very welcoming anymore!

I won't be back!

Tayler


U1248008-Tayler (Volunteer)

Post 10

Mrs Zen

I am sorry you feel like that Tyler.

We have had all sorts of problems with people impersonating other people here on the site, and problems with people who have been banned for truly appalling behaviour creating new accounts and pretending not to be themselves, and people signing up repeatedly to cause trouble.

I am not saying any of these apply to you - as I said to Whisky, I haven't had the time to pay you the courtesy of reading your back-log here, and I haven't had the chance to pick up his email to me - but I am sure that you have enough life experience to know that the phrase 'once bitten, twice shy' is true, and that people (eg Whisky and myself) can get a little punch-drunk after a while.

So - you are right - we were being rude in the way in which we were talking about you, and I apologise to you for that rudeness. But you can understand that we have a responsibility to our fellow UnderGuiders not to let known trolls and trouble-makers into the list. You would want the same protection extended to yourself, in the same circumstances, so being cautious is part of my job here.

I hope this explanation goes some of the way towards explaining why we can, at times, seem a little bit paranoid. It is because there are folks out there in InternetLand who are out to get us.

Kind Regards

Ben


U1248008-Tayler (Volunteer)

Post 11

J

Thanks for posting Whisky. Ben, will you forward me the email when you get the chance?

smiley - smiley

smiley - blacksheep
(A bit frustrated at having to take time to write Post 2 up if for nothing, which, according to some information, appears to be the case. Irritated that this had to happen onsite as well. smiley - erm)


U1248008-Tayler (Volunteer)

Post 12

LL Waz

it didn't. Post 22 http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/F129199?thread=551139&latest=1 It was indirect and over there in order not to stir problems up here.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more