A Conversation for The h2g2 Poem

Well done H

Post 1

J

I'm very glad you wrote this. Boots will be so please smiley - ok

See also your great poem on Soul Mates, which I personally think was one of your best.

Well done Hypatia. The smiley - cake is on me smiley - ok

smiley - blacksheep


Well done H

Post 2

Hypatia

Thanks. smiley - hug Poor boots. I feel so bad for her. smiley - cry

Hypatia smiley - rainbow


Well done H

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

A very nice poem!smiley - rose


Well done H

Post 4

Bubble

i wept, beautiful words, brought back painful memories of the loss of my soul mate, but happy memories too. Its so true they are always there with you, wherever you go.

i raise my glass to boots for all the happy and magical memories he has brought and the comfort and guidance he will bring to us all now.
smiley - magic


Well done H

Post 5

Hypatia

smiley - hug Bubble. Thank you for your kind words. I sincerely believe that our loved ones remain with us and give us guidance and strength.


Well done H

Post 6

Boots

Thankyou for taking care
boots


Well done H

Post 7

Hypatia

boots, how are you doing? smiley - hug


Well done H

Post 8

Boots

Roller coaster inc... and I always hated fun fairs. Am going to try and write something this weekend. Don't think I can take much more of the 'we can't leave her alone for a second' game. Your poem was beautiful. If I could write poetry I would love to be able to express thoughts as beautifully as you do. I shall have to settle for dark humour...always a family way of dealing with a crisis and as baby boots so rightly said 'Dad had the darkest humour of us all'.
I am lucky. I have to remember that. He went as he would have wanted to and I have to get up. A good friend pointed that out most adroitly.
'You have to work and you have work. If my partner died all I would have is golf and the beauty parlour'...that would be unbearable. Hey I can tap! A good few minutes.
Thanks for all your support...this site will be the greatest comfort in my new life.
Take care
boots


Well done H

Post 9

Hypatia

It's going to take some time. You'll be up and down. And you're right about work helping.

I understand about needing some time alone. It's in my nature to need privacy when there's a death or serious illness. When my husband was so ill my friends and family nearly suffocated me. It made things much harder to deal with. Some people need others around and don't understand those who are the opposite.

If you ever need to just talk, I'll be here....as will your other friends.


Well done H

Post 10

J

*nods approvingly*

And if you ever need a wool towel...

smiley - blacksheep


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The h2g2 Poem

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more