A Conversation for

Ever notice?

Post 1

Richenda


As soon as things get bad, someone posts.

I'm leaving because...

I won't be around here much...

Going back in lurker mode...

Or some such other cry for help?

Guys, that's not when we need each other less...
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spaceThat's when we need each other most!

smiley - hug


Ever notice?

Post 2

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

I tend to post leaving messages when I feel that it's unfair for me to post the kind of things that will only worry and concern people...
And other reasons...

smiley - peacedove


Ever notice?

Post 3

Richenda

that's the reason I started the waving at other survivors thread.

It allowed us to say hi, I'm here but I don't feel like contributing.

It kind of died ... time to resurrect it!.
smiley - biggrin


Ever notice?

Post 4

Kaz

hi Richenda, I guess you are right. I sometimes think this group keeps me alive (not in a literal sense, but in a 'gives me the strength to tackle stuff' sense). If it is threatened by someone outside the group I will fight or just go a bit quiet and avoid some stuff for a while. But if I perceive a threat within the group, then that threatens my well-being so I ran around scared.

It isn't the sensible option, but its all I can do.


Ever notice?

Post 5

Researcher U197087

I'm sorry I bailed out yesterday, folks, it was a bad day but I'm still around. smiley - hug


Ever notice?

Post 6

psychocandy-moderation team leader

I'm guilty of running scared as well. And, as Richenda says, it's when I need you all the most. I'm feeling more than a bit vulnerable lately, it's made me want to keep kind of quiet, but I'm still here. smiley - hug


Ever notice?

Post 7

Barton

Then there's simple exhaustion. Not that there's anything simple about it.

Barton


Ever notice?

Post 8

Kaz

hiya all and a special big hug for psychocandy!smiley - hug


Ever notice?

Post 9

psychocandy-moderation team leader

A special big smiley - hug to you, to, Kaz! Thank you.

Barton's got it, it's exhaustion, pure and not-so-simple. Too tired to move, not to mention think. smiley - winkeye

smiley - hug and smiley - love to you all. Never too tired for that.


Ever notice?

Post 10

Willem

I'm not posting a lot these days because I'm having trouble accessing h2g2 PLUS I'm very busy in my 'real life'! I do what I can ...


Ever notice?

Post 11

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

That's all that can expected... though I don't think anyone is truely 'expected' to do anything...

smiley - peacedove


Ever notice?

Post 12

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

*struggling*
I remembered this thread and I thought I'd post. It's true it can be harder to come when you are down but I am glad it's here.
Don't want to go on too much. There is just enough going on that I am feling the "old damaged feelings" smiley - yuk So struggling. It happens.

Time to pull back a bit from solving the worlds problems and stay closer to home. Thanks for the approved dumping grounds!smiley - ok
smiley - disco


Ever notice?

Post 13

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

We are still here aren't we? smiley - wah
smiley - disco


Ever notice?

Post 14

Kaz

This is what I actually said...

'I left once before because of this person, they have now returned to h2g2, so now I must back off a lot. She has already made one dig at me, she wilfully misunderstands and insults my faith, she is a nasty, vindinctive, manipulative person who loves to insult and get a rise.

I am convinced she will discover the survivors group and tear it to shreds. She hasn't yet posted on my page, but I wait, she will get a rise from me so I back off before it happens. Hopefully she will get bored again and leave, she is young and impatient, with a low boredom threshold. But if she doesn't leave you will all know her, she is often one of the biggest posters here.

I will be around but not very active anymore'

As you can see I was backing away from one particular person, not the survivors group. I was happy to keep posting within the group, as I knew you, but I wasn't going to post in general conversations in the same way.

Things is, I have noticed that when one of the survivors group has a problem now, they go off-line about it. I don't want to be the only person posting here whilst everything else in sorted out in Chicago.

It was nice whilst it lasted.


Ever notice?

Post 15

Richenda

Chicago is not the center of the universe.

I am coming out of my 'no time' season...only 5 weekends booked until the end of the year.

I have a love-hate relationship going with Summer.

Currently working on cleaning our house from 3 months of accumulation. On break time, I'm working on another posting.

See you all soon!

smiley - hug


Ever notice?

Post 16

Barton

What happens in Chicago is only what happens here. With the 3 (4-5) of us living within easy reach I'm sure it looks like everything is getting sorted out off line.

It isn't. It isn't getting sorted out at all, but things are changing because of what is happening here more than anything else.

As Richenda said, the summer faire season is over and we can begin to dig out of what we let fall around us.

Clutter is one of Richenda's issues, so I am trying to help clear it up. Fortunately, most of it has a place, although an awkward place.

I've been having problems with staying awake though that seems to be not so much a problem now that we think we can point a finger at the antibiotic I was taking. Whatever it is, I'm feeling much better both physically and mentally. Much of that is due to a banned researcher in Denver and the rest to the fact that Richenda and I are finally finding ways to talk to each other.

I am striving not to be so protective. But, harder still, I am striving to overcome this inertia that keeps me from being able to do anything useful.

As my mental state continues to improve the problem is overcoming my hermit-like habits. I'm trying to come back to the world starting with our home.

This will also mean that I will not be posting here so frequently or at such length. I have to face the fact that I am addicted to this long distance 'safe' friendship. I am going to attempt to achieve a kind of balance, but in the past I have found that I had to simply cut myself off from telecom.

Still, I will try to post here in response to anything I feel I have some insight to offer.

I am here, I am not going away. I still need to get to know most of you and that will be easier as my own problems come more into hand.

Take care, all of you.

Barton


Ever notice?

Post 17

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Good Luck smiley - loveBarton
smiley - disco


Key: Complain about this post