A Conversation for

Sorry, guys, I've been a bear and I didn't even realize why.

Post 21

Researcher U197087

Chopped liver? smiley - yuksmiley - huh

I'm glad you guys can cook... I have been known to, but only in very exceptional circumstances. Most of the time it's pretty poor smiley - erm

smiley - donut


Sorry, guys, I've been a bear and I didn't even realize why.

Post 22

Richenda

Sorry....chopped liver is an expression.

Don't I count/aren't I important/why are you ignoring me

I forgot which comedian used it in part of his routine...I think it might have be Rodney Dangerfield.

Cooking lessons - no charge.

So what *do* you live on? Coffee and donuts? smiley - tongueout




Sorry, guys, I've been a bear and I didn't even realize why.

Post 23

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Yeah, no charge for cooking lessons... nor for ever sharing any of my culinary creations. I did tell you guys that I'd intended to attend culinary school? That is, until I found out I'd have to take out a second mortgage on my soul to pay the tuition. Anyway, I enjoy doing nice things for people I care for, so it'd be fun to cook with/for you guys sometime. *note to self: tone down the spice for the gatronomically challenged* smiley - winkeye

And chopped liver *is* really yucky. Hence the expression. You couldn't pay me to eat that stuff. smiley - ill

Hey, Richenda, how did your dentist and doctor appointments go yesterday?


Sorry, guys, I've been a bear and I didn't even realize why.

Post 24

Richenda


Hey, now. I 'love' chopped liver. It's a delicacy.

But it depends on how you make it and what kind of liver you use. The stuff you get in restaurants is usually beef liver that has been broiled and has virtually no seasonings ... YUCK!

I prefer chicken livers that have be boiled (it's that British in me smiley - winkeye). No one else I know cooks them that way, but then again, most of my friends lines are from East European relatives.

For every pound of ground boiled chicken livers, add two hard boiled eggs (chopped coarsely) and a pound of onions (chopped finely). Add in enough pepper to make you cry and your neighbor wonder what that smell is. Add enough salt to give someone high blood pressure. And some oil to smooth it out (we used to use chicken fat cooked with onions..but that's going a little too far even for me-don't need high colesteral, high blood pressure is enough)

Dentist appointment was fine. He put in a temporary crown and I need to go back the first week in June for the permanent one.

Doctor says on surface, things look ok....however, he is ordering a whole lot more testing. Echo cardiogram was fine, but now he wants MRI, EEG. He thinks the problem is probably related to either migraines or *stress*, but he doesn't want to rule out possible epilepsy....even though he thinks that is HIGHLY unlikely. However, he too is suggesting getting some counseling. Told him I was in a wonderful support group and for the meanwhile planned on leaving things status quo.

Oops...gotta run. Therapy in 15 minutes/
smiley - run


Sorry, guys, I've been a bear and I didn't even realize why.

Post 25

psychocandy-moderation team leader

I'm glad to hear that the tests have gone okay so far... will continue to keep fingers crossed. Not that migraines are nice, but it is better than the alternative, that's for sure. It never ceases to amaze me how much physical agony *stress* can cause. I just hate to see anyone I care about in pain. smiley - sadface

I think I've had chicken livers a few times, they weren't so bad. And I do like darn near anything that's got loads of onion and pepper in. smiley - biggrin You're right, most of the times I've had liver it's been beef liver and it was gross. And no matter how much of a delicacy it's *supposed* to be, foie gras is YUCKY! smiley - yuk


Sorry, guys, I've been a bear and I didn't even realize why.

Post 26

Richenda

"What am I? Chopped liver?"

On second though, comedian might have been Alan King.

Reference certainly applies to one of the comedians who did the 'Borsch Belt' circuit. But now it's crossed over the culture line and isn't just a Jewish saying any longer.

smiley - smiley


Sorry, guys, I've been a bear and I didn't even realize why.

Post 27

Willem

Hello everybody! I know the expression very well.



I usually think it when people go on and on about how the 'youth' of the country are the 'future'. I then think ... 'so what are the adults and old people? Chopped liver?' I mean, anybody who's actually still alive is also the future! I may be over 30 but I plan on hanging around for at least seventy more years and during all of that time I'm probably going to be doing much more for this country than the average current 'youth' will. I think the current generation of youths are pretty much a lost generation because they've been uprooted and not properly transplanted. If anybody is chopped liver it would be they. I just hope the next generation of youth, for instance my sister's child, or mine if I have them, will be a better and stronger basis for a 'future' for this country.



Anyways as a vegetarian I don't eat any kind of liver! But back when I did, I rather liked it, even beef liver. My mother baked it for us into 'liver bread' and that was very tasty.

Psychocandy said ... 'It never ceases to amaze me how much physical agony *stress* can cause.' Yes indeed! My psychiatrist very recently told me a few things about it, basically just confirming what I already knew. I'll be posting the info in an appropriate place here somewhere.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more