A Conversation for The Miffed Penguins Club

how the other half...

Post 1

fran2c

Thursday morning the sun was shining, work started at 1:30pm and I was waiting for the gas man. I could have sat out in the sun but decided to do the housework first, being the respectable hard working citizen that I am. (Also guilt-ridden, selfless, load-bearing individual - also known as 'woman' - that feels I am being lazy if I actually manage to sit down for more than 10 minutes in a day).

I digress. Just after 10 I spot a man walking down the street, top off, soaking up the sun, swigging from a can of stella. And, as I stood slaving over my basket of ironing and contemplating the 9 hour shift ahead of me at 2 separate jobs I though... wouldn't it be nice to be rich enough to drink all the day with not a care in the world but when the next giro arrives.

But then I also thought... lazy, no job, scroungy, frigger.


how the other half...

Post 2

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

He might have:

a) had a week off
b) just finished a night shift
c) been a newspaper columnist doing a bit of 'research'.

You never know.


how the other half...

Post 3

fran2c

Or he could have just come from the crack house at the top of the road. It all depends where you live. smiley - winkeye


how the other half...

Post 4

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

There was a touch of the optimistic devil's advocate in my reply - I live in one of the crackier/smackier parts of Camden.smiley - sadface


how the other half...

Post 5

fran2c

Love a bit of optimism me.

Must be having a bad day smiley - biggrin


how the other half...

Post 6

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

If it helps any, I'm currently drinking a Stella but I've got a proper job and everything. Then again, it's not a weekday morning.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more