Escape Pod Dreams - 14

0 Conversations

Free in every box! A picture of the animal that used to live off this grain...The New New blob

There used to be a road here, didn't there?


We, here, at Irritating Public Radio, Your Friends In The Air, have had an interesting series of holidays. Since there is not a real one forthcoming (that we know of. Feel free to tell us otherwise), we have decided to tentatively create our own.

Unfortunately, we have been unable to come up with a name, yet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We have decided that it should be a hol that requires no travelling, no
outrageous outlay for tucker or festoons and no real reason for any
relatives that we don't normally speak to to have any reason to speak to us.

We think we would like it to include an animal, possibly an imaginary or mythical one. Something that lends itself to bald-faced story-telling and ribald songs.

Again, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Any excuse to show up at the office in less or more than standard apparel would be appreciated, also.


In other news, Miss April Rewarren of the Secretarial Pool has won her own due date pool by giving birth in the Foyer during the Fire Drill last week. The prize in the betting was the right to provide the child with a middle name, since several of the current staff and half of the let-go staff had missed an opportunity to provide the child with a last name...

Miss April has chosen to name the child Paul Paul Rewarren, giving the
reason that she likes the name Paul.

Whatever.


In other other news, the TV in the tea room has been repaired and
contributions are being taken for the license. Suggestions that we get a dish or a cable are being taken under advisement by the Manglement. They are still not out from under the illusion that having the office computers hooked to the Internet is not a form of Television.

List of possible future occupations for Paul Paul :

1. 8:57 AM
Observe: At no point do the fingers leave the hand!

by

Nanook knew my wife.

2. 9:57 AM
Report from the

Steering Committee: Directional Capabilities during Straitened Circumstances

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

3. 10:57 AM

The Dimwit Zone: Corrugation Street, the avenue to hell...

by
Five seconds to midnight!

4. 11:57 AM
See Us Pry: The
Crying Scene Imperators

by
Pearl S. Buck

The Escape Pod Dreams
Archive


(tonsil revenge)

27.02.03 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A977718

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more