A Conversation for Aleister Crowley - Author and Occultist

Crowley and the Golden Bough

Post 1

Pimms

A well-written biography smiley - biggrin The only thing you dind't mention (unles I missed it) is a link to The Golden Bough, which for some reason I associate wiuth his name. CHecking Google he didn't write it (the author was Sir James Frazer) "it was Frazer’s work with The Golden Bough which aided and inspired the rebirth of paganism. Frazer’s detailed ethnography of non-Christian tribal cultures, along with his analysis of the ancient European rituals and customs once associated with nature and goddess worship, became primary source material for those seeking to reconstitute what the agents of Christianity had obliterated. Thus in the 1950s, years after Frazer’s passing, Gerald Gardner and Aleister Crowley (drawing also on the work of H. P. Blavatsky and of the The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn) layed the foundations for Wicca and other branches of neopaganism." (quote from http://www.nndb.com/people/600/000099303/)


Crowley and the Golden Bough

Post 2

Serephina

Thanks


Key: Complain about this post

Crowley and the Golden Bough

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more