A Conversation for A History of 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'

The game

Post 21

clzoomer- a bit woobly

smiley - ta for that, Mr. X! Especially for the Virtual Apple link which looks like it will keep me busy for a while.

smiley - ok


The game

Post 22

broelan

smiley - flustered
One of these days I should learn to read backlog and not repeat myself...

Oh, well. It *was* a year and a half ago, so sue me.
smiley - blush


The game

Post 23

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

You have been sued. You owe me a hug and a cuddle. So there. smiley - nahnah

smiley - boing


The game

Post 24

christopherpthomas

Would you believe that there is a Z-machine interpreter for the PalmOS? It's called Frobnitz. I have the HHG adventure game with me at all times!


The game

Post 25

heartogld

I haven't played this - can someone tell me where to find it?


The game

Post 26

broelan

There is an online version of it here:
http://www.douglasadams.com/creations/infocomjava.html

but it seems they're being flooded with eager hitchhikers and it isn't available at the moment. If you hang on to the link, I'm sure it will be back soon.

(I haven't actually played this version, but it appears to be similar to the original)


The game

Post 27

christopherpthomas

Here, try this one:
http://www.fusionchat.net/infogame.php?game=hhgg.z5

Or download the z-machine file:
http://www.fusionchat.net/java/infocom/hhgg.z5

...which can be played on the PC by WinFrotz:
http://www.concentric.net/~Twist/WinFrotz/


The game

Post 28

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Doesn't anyone ever read Backlog?

smiley - boing


The game

Post 29

Amsterdam_Andy

Still cant figure out how to convince the door that I have tea, and no tea - can anyone give me the Exact wording?smiley - cheers


The game

Post 30

-Zaphod-

I've honestly never played the old version of the game. I've only played the version that is hosted on the BBC. Great game in my opinion, so hard. I wouldnt' be able to get through alot of the problems if it wasn't for the help on the site.. Such an ornery game. Currently I'm on the Buggblatter part, so all of you guys getting stuck there isn't very reassuring.


The game

Post 31

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Well in the book he can't see you if you can't see him, so can't you just stick a towel over your eyes?

smiley - boing


The game

Post 32

-Zaphod-

lol I thought the same thing myself! I wanted to try that strategy, but then I realized I left Ford's towel behind on the Vogon ship. You should have seen me while watching the movie.. With the Bugblatter part, all I kept saying was, "All she has to do is cover her eyes, she'll be fine. I don't know why they're making this look so dangerous."

Ah.. great stuff great stuff.


The game

Post 33

Lucres

For anyone having trouble, here are some walkthroughs (courtesy of Gamefaqs):

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/564459.html

I know I never would have beaten it without 'em.


Key: Complain about this post