A Conversation for Relaxation Techniques

housework

Post 1

chickadee (wheee!)

not the best relaxer by itself, but just doing a few hours and getting all gross and sweaty and dirty and making my environment noticably better and then taking a looong thorough shower really helps me relax. most housework is pretty good exercise, so doing a lot leaves you pretty tired, and then i can just melt into a chair, and if you use homemade cleaners, the house smells great too. another nice thing is that you feel satisfied for doing somethign productive, not guilty for taking a bath when you should be studying or something. playing loud music while you do it helps. then again, curling up with a good book and a big blanket helps me a lot too. and some chocolate.


housework

Post 2

chickadee (wheee!)

another thought on relaxation: i really need somthing to relax from. like if i've been stressed in school, and spending a lot of time studying, going and reading a book does nothing, but taking the dog out for a long walk helps tremendously. but if i'm stressed because i'm behind in some classes and have been avoiding the stuff that is stressing me (i.e. work) then doing somthign that's normally fun makes it worse, if that makes any sense at all. like slacking off slightly trying to reduce stress and spend time on fun thing instead makes it all kinda blah, but doing the hard stuff makes it so i can actually relax and get away from it. has anybody else noticed this?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more